SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
publick_man

Leftover soy-wasabi tuna

Saturday I bought a 2-pound piece of tuna, and half of it I cut into steaks and marinated in a mixture of soy, wasabi, lemon juice, and sesame oil, and the three of us (Bernard is still with us helping with landscaping) had it for dinner with rice and green beans (because I had green beans in the freezer). On Sunday we barbecued the rest of the meat I had bought on Saturday - a 5-pound chicken, sausages, a double boneless chicken bread (which I tied up in a roll - to use for sandwiches later), and the other half of the tuna, which I marinated in the leftover marinade that I had made. Yesterday I cut off about 1/3 of that tuna, cut it into cubes, and made a salad with mayonnaise, wasabi, chives, and celery and served that on toast. It made a nice salad, but I still have a fair amount of tuna and am not sure what to do with it. I was originally going to use the second part of the tuna for Salad Niçoise, but I never make that in the traditional manner, but I do have leftover Russet potatoes that I also cooked on the barbeque. I cooked four huge potatoes with the chicken, and we had two of them (for the three of us) with the chicken. I have lots of uses for leftover sausage, but I'm not sure how to use the soy-wasabi tuna.

What would you add to it? It's not overly spicy with wasabi, but it definitely has a soy/sesame flavor. Kevin cooked it, and so it is more done that if I had cooked it, but it is not really over cooked - it's just not rare and does not need any more cooking.

Should I make a rice dish for it and add it at the end, or should I keep it cold? I do not normally have leftover tuna, and in the past, I have mixed it with tartar sauce for a more common tuna salad, but that does not seem appropriate with the soy flavor.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz