SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
texas_gem

Week 97: Spring Cleaning

Texas_Gem
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Apologies for this week's thread starting late.

Last week was spring break fr us so I didn't get anything major or minor done on the house but I did spend all day every day with my kids and my friends son who I watched.

We played in the backyard, played video and board games, went to the science museum, went to the grocery store and perused the produce section to select tasty treats (the cherry tomatoes were a big hit, this bag of halos was judged as being too bitter and not as sweet as they remember) plus lots of cooking with everyone fighting over whose turn it was to make lunch. :)

I am now gearing up for a big garage sale so I'm going through each room, thoroughly cleaning and adding things to the "get rid of" pile.

This includes the kitchen. When I did my remodel, since it was an addition it meant I never had to pack up my kitchen and sort through it. I kept my old kitchen right up to the day I transferred everything to my new kitchen.

As such, I didn't do the much needed culling, especially since I was moving to a bigger kitchen with more space.

Alas, I have finally decided that no matter how much storage I have, do I REALLY need to keep that iced tea maker I was given years ago?!? It was used maybe twice and has since just taken up space. I am afforded the luxury of it not taking up much needed space but still...junk is junk.

I would rather have an empty cabinet then have a cabinet filled with appliances or other things I don't use like the 24 (yes I said twenty FOUR!!!) popsicle molds I have somehow collected over the years.

So...how about you? Doing any spring cleaning? Have you included your kitchen and the contents of its cabinets in that cleaning?

Comments (18)