SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jamie_mt

Plans for this week - Spring Closet Decluttering

jamie_mt
18 years ago

A few goals I want to accomplish this week - feel free to post yours as well. :-)

- "Accessory bags" for my shirts. I did most of the laundry Sun/Monday, so now I have a closet full of clean, wearable clothes. Tonight I want to make up "accessory bags" to hang with 5 shirts, so I don't have to think about jewelry and socks in the morning when I'm getting dressed for work.

- Finish decluttering clothes. I tossed several t-shirts this weekend while doing laundry - they had holes, frayed necklines, or permanant bad stains. So those are gone...now I need to finish taking all the clothes that don't fit, or that I won't wear for whatever reason out and bagging them up for donation. I'd like to quickly declutter the coat closet as well, and add unwanted coats/jackets to those bags.

- Drop off any clothing to be donated. There's a rescue mission "bargain center" about 10 blocks from my house, on the way to the grocery store. I *want* to donate to the shelter, but honestly, I never make time to go there, and I won't go at certain hours because of the neighborhood (which makes it more difficult). So I'll compromise, and drop them off at the rescue mission instead, because it's closer and easier.

- Bag up old blankets to be donated, and see if someone at the animal shelter will pick them up, since thier hours are very short, and are during my work hours.

That's it for this week - if I can get all this done, I'll have a lot more room to work with as far as organizing my clothes and closets. Anyone else?

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!