SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
artemis_ma

My current kitchen -- and why it is NOT acceptable.

artemis_ma
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

My current kitchen -- and why it is NOT acceptable.

There are TWO electrical outlets in this kitchen. I either run the crockpot (rice maker, dehydrator, etc.) outdoors, or here, over the range. The crockpot has a really short cord, and has to hover over the venting spot in the range. Which means I cannot run the oven when using any of these other gadgets. *Unless I run said gadgets outdoors*

Here we see me making stew putting the crock pot on a trivet, which in turn I put on paper towels so that the range does not scratch. PS, this outlet is shared with the fridge. It works... barely. Bleah.

You will notice all the condiments to the right. The range is new, and I'd removed some of them temporarily so that the people delivering it wouldn't knock the others off. I have 15 inches of counter to the right, and 15 inches of counter to the left. Both sides are normally FILLED with condiments. There really is no other place anywhere nearby to store them. I mean, ALL cabinets are already full of other stuff! These counter things are are oils, vinegars, Asian things.

Here is a glimpse at this room's second outlet!

Coffeemaker, lil mini food processor, and stuff. In the back you can see the outlet I can plug things in, here. For this kitchen, that's it! To the right you see the backside of the microwave. It faces into the dining area. The electrical cord it has is supremely SHORT. That's the only way the thing can face. And -- I switch things in and out to run them.

The kitchen sideboard. That vacant area to the left is where the crockpot normally resides when not in use, as is now. Some spice racks up above. Yes, I still have a land line...

Not everything fits in that kitchen. My rice maker hangs out in the dining area. My platters hang out in a drawer or two in the spare bedroom.

Comments (18)