SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19691928

Which herb(s) can you not get enough of?

User
8 years ago

I know most people have a love affair with basil, and I like it, but it's not my favorite herb. My favorite is actually garlic, but I sort of consider that a bulb, so I don't count it.

My favorite herb to grow in the garden is rosemary. It smells so good, and it has so many uses other than seasoning. I have a small plant grown from a cutting that I just trimmed and stuck a dozen cuttings of. I hope most of them take.

In SC, I had a whole hedge of it. I had one very large wild rosemary bush. Now wild rosemary is stronger and more pungent than hybrid rosemary, it's impossible to transplant and nearly impossible to root. One year I took over 100 cuttings and only got 20 plants, but over the 5 years I lived there, they grew into a 3-foot high hedge that made the whole yard smell luscious! They bloomed, and bees flocked to them. If I wanted any to use, I had to go really early in the morning or in the evening to harvest.

My friend was sitting on my front porch one day and said "You have too much rosemary." I just laughed. There really isn't such a thing.

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting