SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
denise_gw

Thanks to Marco The Generous!...

Denise
8 years ago

I got a box from Marco today. I'm still doing little mini-claps as I look at them! He has a local market that carries Hoyas, sent me a photo and when I begged him to grab a couple for me, he was kind enough to say "yes". What a sweetheart! So one of his photos had one tagged as krohniana, the splashed one they call Eskimo. I paid a pretty penny for a cutting of this one a year or so ago, and here was a nice pot for...I think it was $7.99!! Well, now that I have it and see it in person, it's actually one of the lacunosas, the Sno Caps I'm pretty sure. BUT, it's the nicest clone of this one I've ever seen, and since almost all of mine has perished, I've been watching for it at the box stores, so I'm very please to have this one as well. Check it out...

I can see how someone might mix it up with krohniana Eskimo - the difference is the leaves of Eskimo are textured and more succulent. One wouldn't know this unless they saw it in person, so I can understand the misidentification. I'm VERY pleased nonetheless!!

And then there was also an incrassata 'Moonshadow'. Last summer, I did get a cutting of this (came to me just as incrassata variegata) but what few leaves it has grown are all green. The only leaf that is variegated (and barely, BTW) is the one closest to the soil. So I was really excited to see a nicely variegated one, and I think it was also $7.99. A bargain!!...

Now, as if that wasn't enough, he sent me cuttings of an outstanding Krimson Princess that has not reverted for him. I actually found one of these clones a couple years ago - an EA plant that started to decline as soon as I brought it home (not unusual...) and I have one little slip of it left that grows in with another Hoya. Look at how much he sent me!!!!...

Two cuttings about 6' long!! Wowsa! And now all potted up and in a bright, warm spot to hopefully root well (please join me in crossing fingers!)...

And lastly, cuttings of his 'Pink Silver' (right Marco? or is it the chimera?) If it IS 'PS', it looks a lot like mine, but the leaves are smaller. Now that may just be that outstanding Florida sun, or it could be a different clone. I guess we'll see as it grows out for me...

...To show how many cuttings and here's a closeup of the leaves...

And thank you NOT to the P.O. Look at the dang box...

I took this before unpacking the box, figuring I may need it as evidence, now that they give $50 insurance on all priority boxes... I feel lucky they're in good shape. Great packing, Marco!

Denise in Omaha

Comments (13)

Sponsored