SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
leava

Spinach questions and what greens are you planting now ?

leava
8 years ago

ok this is just great.....i read here and there and everywhere and cannot retain diddly squat ....lol

i did read that New Zealand does better in heat than other true spinaches.Have you grown it and does it produce decently ?

what greens are you planting outside now ??

last Saturday we went and worked a bit in our relatively new community garden here in El Reno.they had pulled out a dozen or so kale plants some of which were buggy, all were rough looking.they were headed to compost.discarded the hopeless few.did not want them in my regular garden due to bugginess although i saw no live pests.soaked overnite in a bucket of water and a bit of dawn.rinsed.found area in side of back yard full of weeds.i have one good working arm and fibro so have to think hard before i do anything and not used to thinking so hard. :) smile emoticon we rescue cats and have been saving the large plastic cat food sacks.AHA! I cut a square hole in center of bag like a trap door but cut off flaps too.pulled the weeds right around the hole i dug.in went plant.some compost.dirt.weighted down bag which will smother the weeds nearby.watered.overlapped the next one and did the same several times.i will try and get a pic this afternoon.we are organic so i hate using plastic but out of newspaper and cardboard at the moment.later can replace if i want to.i find it hard to be plastic free for some purposes.hoping they perk up and do well.i eat kale every chance i get.

chasing my supplies due to our wind today added to the exercise....

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville