SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19760412

Quotes 3 - 15 - 16

User
8 years ago

I absolutely adore cows. They're the most fascinating, gentle and beautiful animals. Their eyes are so amazing. I have ten that live on the land around my house. I love to talk to them. There are few things better than falling asleep in a field and being woken up by an inquisitive cow.
Mary Quant

Jean Shrimpton was the most beautiful of all the models I have known. To walk down the King's Road, Chelsea, with Shrimpton was like walking through the rye. Strong men just keeled over right and left as she strode up the street. Mary Quant

Only ugliness is obscene.
Mary Quant

Risk it; go for it. Life always gives you another chance, another go at it. It's very important to take enormous risks.
Mary Quant

I remember one day, when things were going frightfully well, I went to buy myself a really smashing car. I asked them to show me a Porsche with an automatic gearbox, and the salesman called over all the other salesmen, and they stood around absolutely roaring with laughter.
Mary Quant

I've always loved painting and drawing. I wish I'd developed it more and exhibited.
Mary Quant

Fashion is a tool... to compete in life outside the home. People like you better, without knowing why, because people always react well to a person they like the looks of.
Mary Quant

A woman is as young as her knees.
Mary Quant

The fashionable woman wears clothes. The clothes don't wear her.
Mary Quant

The miniskirt caused an extraordinarily powerful reaction. There were the people who hated it.
Mary Quant

Fashion is not frivolous. It is a part of being alive today.
Mary Quant

Having money is rather like being a blond. It is more fun but not vital.
Mary Quant

As a child, I used to spend nearly all my summer holidays with my aunt in Wales, and we used to catch mackerel in a boat and then cook them on board.
Mary Quant

Good taste is death; vulgarity is life.
Mary Quant

Britain has always had more art schools per capita than any other country.
Mary Quant

As the daughter of two teachers with first-class degrees, I'd always seen myself as a duffer by comparison.
Mary Quant

Coco Chanel hated me. I can understand why.
Mary Quant

For one thing, I am still working as an adviser on fashion, design and colour and stuff.
Mary Quant

Eating outdoors is a particular passion - that is, eating trestle-table a la nicoise.
Mary Quant

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting
More Discussions