Having a hard day
10 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (17)
- 10 years ago
Related Discussions
Last couple of days: hard at work!!
Comments (10)You know, I like purchased stone - real stone...I bought some Pennsylvania field stone a long time ago because it has a purple cast to it. I really love it in the front garden (mixed there with the concrete). However, FREE broken concrete is about $500 a few tons cheaper. And I need cheaper after the mess of this back yard and having to completely re-do it again. I love purple. Yes, I'm painting the rain barrels purple and am contemplating at some point painting the house next door similar colors to ours. I think I can manage most of it on my own. Then the rain barrels will really blend in. We only need them for "so" long, because eventually I want to use Rain Pillows that fit under crawlspaces in the house. So we'll have so much re-usable water, able to collect almost everything that comes onto the house in a storm and much of what runs onto the property in a good rain....See MoreSiamese Seeds, Rain and Last Day of Hard Work
Comments (6)So sorry to hear you are suffering. Hope this stops soon. The few seeds we planted this year did not sprout at all, so can only blame the hot, dry weather. We do have a daylily blooming today, our NOID "Single Somebody". It is so pretty, though it is small. We had a real thunderstorm Sunday evening. Ended up with .98" of rain. It was so wonderful, and there is a slight possibility for a little more in a couple of days. Know that everyone that got needed rain is so grateful. I believe that with this rain, all fires still burning in this area have now been put out. Oh, Happy Day. Avedon...See MoreMedical Bill Advice?
Comments (11)I hope everyone had a great Christmas. I've been busy with family and finally had time to read everyone posts and can't tell you THANK YOU enough. I will re-read each word and then write down your ideas and go from there. I will speak to my hubbie about your suggestions and see where we go from here. I can tell you the hospital has worked with us some to reduce the bills but ONLY after they put a lien on my house. That is another long story - my Uncle called me several months after the accident to tell me the hospital had put a lien on my home. What they said is my insurance didn't pay them so I would be responsible for the WHOLE amount. YES.. that was their explanation. The hospital claimed the insurance never paid them. My insurance company said they never got a bill until Jan which was 6 months after. The insurance required the hospital to submit bills within 90 days. The hospital said they faxed the bills - but that the insurance refused to pay off of a faxed bill. My insurance company said they pay off of faxed bills all the time. The hospital then said they sent a bill via a certified postal letter with a requested receipt upon delivery but when the attorney asked for the copy of this and also requested copies from the post office there was NOT ANYTHING. The hospital brought their big attorneys from Houston and my little attorney took it to Federal Court (So as to get a fair trial and not have the Judges playing golf with the lawyers, etc) and it was settled very soon. It was a horrible mess. I never dreamed I could take on a huge hospital but it can be done. As one persom said "Life can change in an instant" I don't want to declare bankrupcy - just my personal feelings. That would be my last resort but at least it could be an option if all else fails. Our underinsured coverage was $50,000 which if given to a person in normal circumstances sounds like a lot of money but half went to medical bills, the rest bought a 3 year old Nissan and the rest started an IRA and my daughters college fund. If I had a do-over I would have taken that money and moved to a small Island and started over there.(Not really but it sounds good) Anyway, thank you again. Sunny...See MoreAfter a really hard day
Comments (9)Hi Jin, Thanks! Oh the rings are going to be gorgeous - my ring is going to be a single piece of platinum, with a section split and wrapped around the band like vines, with teeny tiny diamonds through it. My fiancé’s is going to also be platinum, with some subtle, abstract elements inspired by the bridge he proposed to me on. It will have 2 layers meshed together, the first will be matte, the second will be slightly wavy and shiny. We’re extremely excited, we haven’t put a deposit down yet but our date is going to be Oct 11 :)...See More- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 9 years ago
Related Stories

DECORATING GUIDESWalls Have a Field Day With Grass Cloth
Rustic or refined, richly textured grass cloth provides a burst of natural freshness to your interior decorating
Full Story
PRODUCT PICKSGuest Picks: Have an Ombré Day
When your accessories take an artistic approach, your decorating outlook is bound to be good
Full Story
LAUNDRY ROOMSYou Have Style — Shouldn’t Your Laundry Room?
Make folding clothes your favorite chore of the day with these 10 designer tips
Full Story
MOST POPULAR40 Dogs Who Are Having a Way Better Summer Than You
Houzzers share pics of their canine companions living it up — or getting down with relaxing — on warm days
Full Story
FLOORSHave Your Own Red Carpet Moment Anytime
Make every day feel like an event by rolling out a red carpet at home. Autograph hounds optional
Full Story
LIFEThe Dog Days of Interior Design?
It's hard to deny that some rooms resemble the pooch in residence. Coincidence or not? You decide
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNChef's Kitchen Works Hard Yet Stays Pretty
A butler's pantry complete with refrigerator and dishwasher helps a restaurateur contain the mess when cooking and entertaining at home
Full Story
HOME OFFICESRoom of the Day: Stately Study Includes a Cozy Family Space
A new fireplace, windows, millwork and furniture make this room hard to leave
Full Story
BATHROOM MAKEOVERSRoom of the Day: See the Bathroom That Helped a House Sell in a Day
Sophisticated but sensitive bathroom upgrades help a century-old house move fast on the market
Full StorySponsored

lchrizz