SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_31208647

Abusive drug addict stepbrother

User
8 years ago

I've been having trouble finding support for my particular issue. I find most resources are aimed at younger families and in my situation everyone involved is an adult. I've been having trouble with one of my stepfathers sons. He's had it out for me since the day I arrived. He has the tendency to project all his anger onto me regardless of me not being the reason behind whatever triggered him. For example he has purposely walked into me before out of being pissed off that his girlfriend didn't have any hot water for the shower that morning, even though I myself hadn't even taken a shower yet that day. Another incident involved him throwing stuff at the wall to my room one day. I later found out it was over a dispute with his father over a cellphone issue. I find myself dumbfounded by his behavior sometimes, and yes as the title states he does have a drug problem. Has anyone else dealt with toxic step siblings before, and can offer any advice on how I can get through this? I'm afraid I'm stuck in this living arrangement at the moment as I am saving up money for a car and an apartment.

Comments (2)