SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19778634

I just don't get it.............

User
8 years ago

Why do people who have money and are on TV or actors wear sliced or holey jeans on television? I'm not talking about playing a part now. I think it makes them look so cheap and slouchy. Its fine if your at home or outside or just casual but on TV as a spokeperson? I just don't get it!

Comments (11)

• llucy
    8 years ago

At one time faded, hole-y jeans were a fashion trend - late 1980's? The "grunge" look. Some fashion manufacturers started making jeans to look worn with pre-made holes and major retail outlets sold them brand new so people didn't have wait for their jeans to wear down to get the look.

Maybe the fashion folks are trying it again?

Or maybe some celeb's do it to show they are just like everybody else? Anti -glamour rebellion?

• morz8 - Washington Coast
    8 years ago

Still (again) a current fashion trend in some circles. But not in mine, I'm not the right age to think I am cute in $200 - $900 ripped jeans ;) I buy mine intact, and for less money.

Nordstrom ripped jeans, these aren't for everyone but there are others less expensive

I do have a vintage denim jacket that is showing years of wear from garden and digging clams, does that count?

• phoggie
    8 years ago

The more holes, the higher the price tag! I hate them personally.

• arkansas girl
    8 years ago

Yes, I thought that the holey jeans had finally died a long over due death, but yes, they are back with a vengeance. Such an odd fashion trend to me, I just think they are ridiculous looking.

• llucy
    8 years ago

I thought it was a dumb look the first time around. But I also have pictures of myself wearing huge 'elephant' bell bottom pants when I was a teen so maybe I should keep quiet. :-)

• User
    8 years ago

I recently saw a young woman wearing jeans with so many large hole, they looked like they were going to fall apart at any moment. One entire thigh was almost completely exposed.

It makes as much sense to me as open toed boots in winter.

• User
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Good one plllog

• Amazing Aunt Audrey
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

As an old broad I've worn many styles of jeans. During the beatnik era it was straight legged. Then it was kinda baggy jeans with the cuffs rolled up. Then it was hip hugger bell bottoms. After that it was a boot cut, then it was high waisted jeans. Then came the navy button flap jeans....they were high waisted too. Then the boot cut remerged, followed by 501 button flys. Then back to the straight leg, then skinny jeans. Now you can wear any of the styles as long as they have survived the weedwacker. I wear them, mine are straight leg and skinny ones. But I'm camera shy and so won't be on TV.

• janey_alabama
    8 years ago

I don't get it either.

• seniorgal
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

I don't get out too much any more. Recently my jaw dropped several feet when I saw a young man wearing nice jeans, belted below his bottom with a good leather belt. He was wearing a short top of some kind so his red silk shorts were exposed. My children tell me that is a new style among some young people. Oh dear, Oh dear!!!!

Just so you know I'm still Seniorgal.

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!