SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_27330420

A strange coincidence

User
8 years ago

Yesterday I went to Trader Joe's. After putting my groceries in the car trunk, I found that I couldn't unlock my car door. The power locks had failed. I called DH and went into the store to wait. He arrived about 15 minutes later and couldn't open the door either.

We began transferring the groceries to his car. As we put the last bags in, a car pulled into a parking space across from us and a young man got out. He asked if we were having car trouble and I told him I was locked out. He said "I have a jimmy kit. Want me to try?" Sure! I'm thinking how fortunate to have someone come along with a jimmy kit right when you need it.

But there's more. He rips open the packaging and after a few minutes figuring out how the tools work, he unlocks the door. I'm feeling a little nervous about this guy with a jimmy kit breaking into my car when I notice he's wearing a TJ's badge. I say "Oh, you work at TJ's!" He says, "Yes, I just came back from my break. I went to a security store on Hwy 8 (several miles away) and bought the jimmy kit." "Wait, you JUST bought it??" "Yup."

What a weird chain of events. The guy buys a jimmy kit and runs into someone needing it as soon as he pulls into the parking lot. It's like he bought it for us and arrived in the nick of time. We were only in the parking lot a few minutes, and in another minute, we would have been on our way home with the groceries and would have had to call a tow truck.

DH gave him a nice tip, which he refused until we insisted. I'm writing a nice note to TJ's. Oh, and I made two more stops and remembered NOT to lock the door when I got out, which DH was sure I'd do and he'd be back out to rescue me.

Comments (24)