SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
schesas

Organizing a shared kids room

schesas
8 years ago

This is probably a no-brainer for some (most) of you, but I am very much organizationally challenged and need some help. I've found that I'm much more successful if I just adopt someone else's method and make my own little tweaks.

We have two girls sharing right now, one is almost 4 and the other is 1.5. How do you organize clothes and toys when your kids share a room? I need details, people. Right now we have a small three drawer dresser that serves as a changing table and a decently sized closet. I'd love to not have the changing table in there at all anymore in order to move toys out of the living room (we do have most toys in the basement, but we like to keep favorite books and smaller toys upstairs). We also have an Elfa system in the closet, so a number of the shelves could be switched out with the Elfa drawers. We have 3 in there already that were put in when just my oldest was using the room.

I know the first step is to purge. With #3 coming soon, and a kitchen reno starting in a few weeks, that will happen, but I need to have a functioning system in place if the purge isn't completed until after those two events occur.

HELP!

Comments (4)