SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
clee4167

Need help choosing tiles and grout colors for bathroom!

C L
8 years ago

My husband and I are in the process of selecting tiles and grout colors for our first home and are in desperate need of advice.

As of now, we've selected Daltile Florentine Carrara tiles for the shower walls, shower floor, and bathtub surround. We have Emser Cosmopolitan Steel for the bathroom floors. Any thoughts on our selections? Our builder doesn't have many options for tiles, and these were the selections that we were immediately drawn to. However, we are now realizing that the Florentine in the shower may be a bad idea b/c it could be slippery on the floor (I'm not sure how much smaller sized tiles will help with slippage) and it only looks good with a lighter grout, which may also discolor in the shower. Thoughts?

The other idea we were throwing around was to have the Steel tile on both the bathroom floor and on the shower floor. Is it a bad idea to have the same tile on both? Or should the shower floor tile match the shower walls>

We would also love some advice on what grout colors would go with these selections (assuming we should stay with these selections). We are totally against white grout, but I'm not sure how dark would be appropriate for these selections, especially the Florentine. Our grout color selections are limited to the Custom Building Products line.

Please help! Our deadline to adjust our selections is fast approaching. Thanks so much in advance!

Comments (4)