SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
parehm

Looking for Ideas - Backyard Privacy Screen

parehm
8 years ago

We have a new construction home in zone 8 that desperately needs some privacy along a 6ft privacy fence. Our neighbors behind me are up on a hill, so they look down in to our yard and home. Unfortunately our yard is small, so we couldn't just plant a big row of evergreens. I have tried a couple of ideas but haven't liked any of them so far (most recent is in the pictures below). Ideally it would be a mix of deciduous and evergreens. Privacy in the winter wouldn't be a huge concern, so evergreens aren't a necessity.

Also, the fence runs north-south. In the pictures below, there is a river birch in the far left, followed by a dogwood, then crape myrtle, then another dogwood in the far right corner. I am open to moving these and/or getting rid of them, along with the evergreens. The evergreens are carolina sapphire cypresses, spartan junipers, a blue point juniper, and a camellia. Again, I don't need to keep any of them.

I'm really looking for any ideas and/or possibly a draft design of something that may work. I have a hard time envisioning things, but once I have a good design I will have no problems implementing it. Thank you for any help you can provide!

Comments (9)