SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
plan2remodel

Any experience with lift-top cocktail / coffee tables?

plan2remodel
8 years ago

I plan to purchase a new leather sofa and coffee table for my TV room (a.k.a family room, "gaming room").

My college-age son basically lives in this room - eats all his meals on the couch, sits on the couch with his laptop on the coffee table, and plays video games with his friends here on the weekends. (He runs 10 miles a day, so I'm not concerned about lack of exercise.)

The problem is that my son is tall and is straining his back with the coffee table being at such a low height (17" height for our current coffee table and sofa seat height). Typically, coffee tables are at the same or similar height as sofa seat height.

At Living Spaces, I saw several lift-top coffee tables that I think may work for him. Online, I've also seen adjustable height tables that fold sort of like an ironing board. The other thought I had was to have two or three smaller tables of different heights to put in front of the couch.

Does anyone have experience with adjustable height tables in front of a sofa? If so, which of these options worked best for you?

Jofran 480-1 Sedona Oak Lift-Top Cocktail Table · More Info

Modern Living Room · More Info

Contemporary livingroom · More Info

Comments (9)