SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tulsarose_gw

Book Sales Online

TulsaRose
8 years ago

If you order used books online, which sellers do you recommend? After seeing a reference for Better World of Books at my library, I've been ordering from them for several years and have been very pleased with the condition of the books and the prices are hard to beat after the discounts are applied. An added plus is free shipping.

This morning I ordered twelve books (four hardbacks, eight paperbacks) from the "Bargain Bin" which totaled $46.25. Received a sales discount of $18.50 leaving a grand total of $27.76 and I'm a happy camper.

I'm so glad my mom began encouraging me to enjoy books when I was just a little girl.

Better World of Books

Comments (7)

• sleeperblues
    8 years ago

I order a lot from thriftbooks.com. Same type of prices, free shipping over 10.00, and you earn points. I think when you spend 50.00 you get a 5.00 coupon. I'm going tohave to check out better world, thanks. New books I buy from Amazon.

• plllog
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

I used to use Alibris a lot, but more recently I've just used Amazon, but I'm looking for best quality rather than best price. Because of the change in the rules for carrying over inventory a couple of decades ago, you can often find last year's (brand new) popular hardbound books for less than this year's mass market paperback editions of the same books.

• socks
    8 years ago

I usually buy used books through Amazon too, try to hit a point between lowest price and best quality. I also volunteer in our library's used bookstore and often bring home a goodie from there.

• phyllis__mn
    8 years ago

I've been buying through abebooks.com. They are kind of a clearing house for the book sellers, such as the Better World mentioned above. I have been following the Peter Robinson's Inspector Banks series and get my "fix" for as little as $3.50 and no shipping.

• wanda_va
    8 years ago

I love abebooks.com !!

• cacocobird
    8 years ago

Alibris, Amazon, Book Depository