SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jck3010

Orchids in general

jck3010
8 years ago

Hi I have 2 phalaenopsis orchids I reported them in October 2014 and fertilised them in the following Feb to the summer. They grew new roots and a new leaf and then a new stem around last October and they have been in lovely bloom since then with approx 8-9 blooms. My question is do I fertilise them again this spring or do I leave them as they are in flower. I didn't know how long the blooms will last and I don't want to damage them if I use fertiliser. The growing of the plant stopped since its been in bloom and I'm not sure what happens next, do they bloom one every 2 years as the blooms at present show no sign of during off.

I have a dendrobrium noble orchid that has had its winter rest and I have just re started watering it and it has bloomed very well again I wasn't sure how and if I should I fertilise it.

When is the best time to re pot both types of orchids? Come October the phalaenopsis would of been 2 years and the dendrobrium I have had for 2 years and I haven't reported it yet.

Any advice very much appreciated.

Comments (14)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!