SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marciewolinsky

Desperate help needed with kitchen layout

Marcie Wolinsky
8 years ago

Sorry for this long post but I really need help! We are building a semi-custom house with a small kitchen - 15'4" x 11' and the builder's "designer" & I am having a very hard time trying to fit everything I want in the kitchen. It may be that it just can't be done, so I wanted to ask all of you with much more expertise than either I have or this "designer". The only "extras" not included in the standard kitchen is a trash pullout and a built in microwave with trim kit instead of an OTR microwave. There will be a slide-in range with a hood above, and I want as large an island that will fit in the space comfortably with seating for 4. The island can be either rectangular or angled and has the only sink in it, a dishwasher, and I wanted the trash pullouts in it also. If the island is rectangular, it can be 7' x 3'6" including an overhang on one short side for the 4th stool with 3 stools on the long side. They said this island is not big enough for the trash pullouts, so we're trying to figure out where the trash pullouts and the microwave can be. If the island is angled, the non-working side dimensions would be 2'6" x 6' x 3'6" and I'm not sure why it can't include the sink, dishwasher & trash pullouts, but they said it can't. I am attaching the original layout and the proposed one with the rectangular island which is $2,000 more). Thanks for any suggestions!

Comments (11)