SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
editoria

No Oscars dress talk today?

Alisande
8 years ago

Am I the only one who paid attention to dresses at the Oscars? It would be funny if that's true, given my limited interest in fashion. But it always surfaces for the awards shows!

People magazine says these are the best dresses. I didn't like Charlize Theron's--and she probably didn't like that two people mispronounced her name last night. Never in my life would I have worn Cate Blanchett's, but I thought she looked beautiful. Alicia Vikander's dress got a lot of compliments, but I wasn't crazy about it.

I liked parts of Gaga's dress (especially the back), and all of Jennifer Garner's and Julianne Moore's. Margot Robbie is one of many names unfamiliar to me. I didn't care for her dress. I like Rachel McAdams, but not her dress. And what's with all the trains? The place was packed, and you'd think people would be stepping on them and tripping over them.

I like Brie Larson, but her dress not so much. Maybe it's because I find large swaths of royal blue to be overwhelming. I thought Isla Fisher's dress was lovely.

And here's People's list of 10 risk takers. Heidi Klum's dress gets my vote for the worst of the night. I liked Chrissy Teigen's look, and Jennifer Lawrence's too (including her hair). Mindy Kaling looked good, but again I would have chosen another color against the black. I guess I'm not a fan of royal blue.

So . . . waddya think?

(The actress/singer in this photo is my grandmother, Alice Campbell.)

Comments (31)