SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
barncatz

Kichen Reno: Laugh so you don't Cry Dept

barncatz
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

When we built our house, used for the weekends in 2005, fulltime since 2011, we found a $300 refrigerator at a sale. When our craigslist range died, we agreed it was time to reno the kitchen. When our shiny new french door SS fridge appeared, my husband noticed a rather large dent in the right door. After rejecting a 10% discount, and making many calls up the food chain, the seller agreed to send out a replacement fridge. My husband travels, and we live in a rural area, so scheduling delivery was tricky but was accomplished after several weeks, with only one cancellation.
On delivery day, the time kept getting pushed back. When the truck arrived, it couldn't make the grade, stopping maybe 150' from the house. It was getting dark, so DH suggested they just give us the right door from the new fridge. They did so and began laboriously repacking their truck. DH had kept the fridge pulled out slightly, to help with the swap. He now pushed it into place; we hear the truck Beep Beep Beeping as it finally is leaving; DH sits on the couch to admire his perfect, new refrigerator...and spots a previously hidden dent in the LEFT door!

If anyone wants to help keep my morale up, tell me your reno/build stories!

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH