SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lanzz

Ceiling Color / Trim Dilemma

Lanzz
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Living room repaint · More Info

So - I have a ceiling color dilemma. I own a 1500 sq foot condo - with 10 foot ceilings and a lot of molding. When I bought it, I had the walls painted Benjamin Moore Dry Sage. And the ceilings painted Benjamin Moore Decorator's White. There was so much molding and trim, I left the color alone - but something is not right. The trim, doors and windows are (I think) Glidden Macadamia White - which is a dingy cream color to my eyes. I generally like bright white molding and ceilings, against greens, tans or blues - but I have managed to come up with a really ugly combination here.

A recent water leak is giving me the opportunity to make some changes - I think changing the color of the molding is cost prohibitive, since there is a lot of it, and it matches the windows, door frames, doors, french doors, etc. Is there any way to adjust the ceiling color to make the molding look less awful? In terms of sunlight, I get morning and late evening sun, but during the day, it is pretty shady inside. The condo is located in Charlotte, NC if that makes any difference.

Here is a picture - shows the ceiling, wall, molding and french door colors together in the day light - ideas?

Comments (7)