SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carhart_laura

Sherwin Williams Trim Color Dilemma - Help!

Laura C
3 years ago

We just bought a new (to us) craftsman-style home that is heavy on the trim work. We just finished repainting all of the interior walls, and originally thought we could leave the majority of the trim and doors as is, but now it looks yellow/dingy in certain rooms, so we will need to repaint it all.

We have SW Gossamer Veil on walls/ceiling in the main areas, Austere Gray on walls/ceiling in MB and en suite, Sea Salt in walls/ceiling in study, Cascades in DR w/ Greek Villa on ceiling, Naval on walls/ceiling in HB w/ white wainscoting, Thunder Gray in laundry room w/ white cabinets & mud room built-ins, Woody Rosemary in Guest Bath w/ white board and batten, and finally, Repose Gray in guest bedrooms.

The previous owner painted JUST the baseboards in the downstairs main area what I think is Pure White and it doesn’t match whatever creamy white is on the rest of the trim and doors. I don’t know that I want to do Pure White as it might be a little overwhelmingly white/bright on all the trim/doors, but I’m worried Greek Villa (which our color consultant recommended) might be too creamy/yellow in the darker rooms. Help!

Comments (17)