SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ntrainer

Induction Slide-In Ranges?

Nancy Trainer
8 years ago

We're thinking of buying our first induction range and have lots of criteria to meet (as, I guess, we all do). Seems like our choices might be down to two, and as often happens in my life, it's the old style vs. price situation.

The stylish choice would be to go with Dacor's Renaissance 30" induction range, probably with the epicure handle. The reason it's the "style" choice is that we would get one in cobalt blue. I've always wanted to have a cobalt blue "centerpiece of the kitchen" range, but never wanted to deal with the clean-up of a gas cooktop... seems like a whole lotta money would get me the best of both worlds! Just starting to research whether or not the Dacor cooktop has advantages and disadvantages, and I'm curious what others think of this range, or of a 30" Dacor induction cooktop more generally. I know this oven has no "warming drawer," but honestly I don't think that's a deal killer. One small quibble I have with this range is that the controls for the oven and the cooktop are on the front of the range. This means you have to bend down to operate either one. Do those of you who have a range with front controls have issues with that?

The budget choice has its risks, too. The one we like the best doesn't seem to be out in the marketplace quite yet: KitchenAid's 30" induction range. (I think in Canada it's being sold already, from what I'm seeing on the web, model #KSIB900ESS.) Since I can't see it in person, I'll have to triangulate from KitchenAid's electric model in terms of looks (which I like quite a bit), and its induction cooktop. It's likely a more budget-friendly choice, to the tune of $2,000 more in my pocket (though I can't quite tell yet what the final price will be). That's nothing to sneeze at, of course. But it will only come in stainless steel. Sigh. Just another appliance. And since KitchenAid's been trying to get this model to market for a year, it's a bit risky of us to assume it will arrive in time... Still, this one seems to have the look we're going for, plus the controls are on top. I'm not quite enamored of the other induction ranges I've seen. Electrolux has a strange shape to it on top, and Jenn-Air's handle is very industrial, too much for me.

Advise, away, folks: What do you think about these models, or am I missing some other stuff I should be looking for in an induction range -- should I be looking for another model entirely?

Comments (11)