SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynnnm

A Good Idea Received at Just The Perfect Time: Ever Happen To You?

LynnNM
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I thought that I'd designed the perfect kitchen for me, back when we had it gutted and completely redone. But, there was this one nagging problem that I could never solve: my lovely "Tupperware" cab that I'd designed with two pull-out shelves, never, ever stayed organized for more than a few days! I swear those little storage containers and their lids had wild parties and multiplied behind closed doors at night! I took this pic this last Friday afternoon. It's embarrassing, but I promise you that all I did was open the cabinet door and snapped the pic. It does illustrate my desperation rather well, though:

It must have been one heck of a great party in there, don't you think (LOL)? And, please erase this from your collective memories ten minutes after viewing this disgrace, will you?

But, when I was reading Jen/Turquoise Rose's thread on her cabinet doors last Friday, BusyBee3 said, "I've decided a deep drawer is the only worthwhile place to store tupperware like stuff- hate it in a cab!" And it just hit me like a bolt of lightening: What a great idea!

I can't believe that it took seven years for me to realize this stuff needed to go into a drawer where it can be safely corralled and stacked. So, I spent the next couple of hours emptying out the nightmare cab and a deep drawer in my prep area of the kitchen, throwing away stuff and reorganizing everything.

Ahhhh! Both my new "Tupperware drawer" and the 2-tier cab work so much better now, and where they're located in my kitchen makes more sense, too. OK, here are a few pics of the Afters. This is no decorating job, just a (long overdue) common sense reorganization, but I thought that after seeing the Before pic, you deserve at least that.

My new Tupperware drawer, and yes, I love reusing glass jars for storage, too. BTW, you're seeing stacks of plastic storage containers:

And here is my two-tier shelf cab now. Bottom shelf:

Top Shelf:

I'm still shaking my head at why it took so long, but I'm very grateful to BusyBee. It was a good idea that just happened to hit me at the perfect time. Thank you! That's a nice thing about this forum, you never know when you're going to come across the right idea for your home.

Comments (29)