SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tiffanygarrido

Dining table placement

tiffanygarrido
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

The dining table was originally supposed to go between the island and living room; however, I'm not sure if this is going to be work because we have less space than I thought. We plan on having a brick arch between the kitchen and living room which is going to complicate placing the dining table there even further. We could do a wood beam which would take up less space than the brick arch, but I still do not think it will work. The other problem with this is lighting. I really want to have a pretty light in the living room and a separate light over the dining table. I'm thinking maybe I could use the keeping room which I really wanted (but is not a must have) as a dining room instead and perhaps still have room for a couple of chairs between the kitchen and dining room table? My original plan was to have a loveseat and a couple of chairs in the keeping room. Or maybe the dining table could go in the space between the island and the keeping room? The island is 9x4 and we can reduce that if it makes things work out or flow better. I'd love to hear your creative opinions of the three scenarios and any other ideas you might have! Thanks in advance!

Comments (4)