SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mtnrdredux

Make up review

MtnRdRedux
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

There was a recent post here about some woman with a blog who had some sort of laser treatment or peel done or somesuch. I looked at her blog and ended up reading some of her makeup reviews for best products of 2015. Although I am pretty happy with my skin and I don't have wrinkles or anything, she had similar coloring to me so I thought, "hey, I will try some of those". Someone asked me to review what I bought so here goes.

First, I tend to be a die-hard Chanel customer for most makeup. And I am actually pretty happy with the products but I thought maybe I could learn from something new.

So, I am posting the products below. Starting clockwise at 12 o'clock, we have Tinted Moisturizer.

Okay, so call me dumb, but this is foundation in my book. Maybe a little lighter than some foundations, but it did not seem much lighter than my standard, Lumiere from Chanel. Lucky the shade worked, which is dumb because if I had known it was basically foundation I'd never have believed I could choose it without seeing it in person. It's fine, doesn't hurt to have it around, but I would not layer under any other foundation. Okay.

Next, Pur Double Ego eyeliner. Pencil on one side, what seems like a magic marker on the other. Pencil "lead" fell out and broke in half almost immediately. As for the liquid liner side, I think you either are a liquid liner person or you are not. For me, it's too much,. Dud.

Lancome Mascara. This has two parts. A white primer and a black topcoat ("Hypnose Drama"). It definitely does make them look longer. But IMHO almost weirdly so. It isn't cakey exactly, but it does make the lashes look a bit like spider legs instead of smooth. I had run out of mascara and was using one from Nars (which my salon sells). I am going to order my old favorite, Chanel. Chanel is, to me, the non plus ultra, but honestly it dries out in like 3 weeks IMHO.

Next, Lancome undereye concealer. I usually use foundation for this (how uncivilized, I suppose). I thought it was worth a try for those days when I might need extra help. I thought it made tiny wrinkles appear, heretofore unseen! Banish this product! Then I tried it again and was sure to use very little, That was better, but I can't say I see an improvement over using foundation. Probably would not buy again.

Next, Tarte eye shadow primer. Again, I used to use foundation on the top of my eyelids, Philistine that I am. I see no difference using this stuff.

Last, Laura Mercier primer. It made my face feel a little tight, not in a bad way. I didn't really see a difference using this under my Chanel Lumiere. Would not buy again.

So, pretty much a total bust for me! : )

Comments (54)