SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rubyclaire1

Make Up Favorites

rubyclaire
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Outsideplaying suggested a thread like this on Mtn's make up review thread and I know I would be interested as well so I'll start:

My current favorites:

• Dermalogica Skinperfect Primer (AGE Smart Line - 30spf) Love this and frequently wear it on its own.
  • Armani Luminous Silk Foundation - Takes just a little and I apply with a foundation blush.
  • YSL Touche Eclat Concealer/Brightner - keep coming back to this product - just works well for me.
  • Lipsticks - I have everything since I'm a bit of an addict. Favorites are Dior, Bobbi Brown, Chanel and Nars. Love Chanel's glosses. Still seeking the holy grail of lipsticks for my aging lips.
  • Bobbi Brown Everything Mascara

What are some of your favorites?

Comments (54)

• Bunny
    8 years ago

Mtn and Funky, tell me more about Chanel, i.e., why you like it so much. Colors, finish, etc.??? I would spend whatever it took to get the best look. Not too matte, not too dewy, just a natural glow, is that too much to ask for? :p

I generally default to Clinique, but I seem to be the kiss of death to eyeshadow colors, because as soon as I decide I can't live without them, they're discontinued.

• jlc712
    8 years ago

I have mentioned most of these before, but here's my list-

• Urban Decay primer potion for eyelids. I can't keep eyeshadow on without it, and love it. They have a new anti-aging version that's more sheer, and I love it even more. I also love Urban Decay 24 hour eyeliner, and their eyeshadows.
    • Clinique Naturally Glossy mascara in Brown. It's never clumpy, looks natural, and has a nice brush I can get right to the base of my blonde eyelashes.
    • Anastasia Dipbrow pomade for my very light eyebrows. There's a learning curve to applying it lightly, but I like it much better than pencil.
    • Tarte BB 12 hour with sunscreen, topped with Tarte Smooth Operator finishing powder. Perfect combo for my sensitive, sometimes oily skin.
    • Benefit Hoola bronzer. I don't like blush because I'm naturally ruddy and blush all the time anyway :-) This is very light and looks like a little natural tan.
    • Benefit Boing concealer. Covers any pimple or redness.
    • Cherry Chapstick, or one of the million lip glosses I have.

I have yet to find an undereye concealer or lipstick that I truly love. Not for lack of trying!

• Related Discussions

What is your favorite way to put up your

Q

Comments (11)
    I only freeze these veggies, sugarsnap peas, broccoli, cabbage, spinach, greenbeans, corn, both on cob and cut off. I both dry and freze okra, the latter for stew. I also freeze fruit: strawberries, blueberries, peaches, apples and elderberries. i also make fresh juice--beet-carrot-apple-cabbage is my favorite--and freeze it in pint jars. I also make my own beef and chicken broth which I freeze in pint jars. I mainly use my dehydrator to dry jerky and make yogurt. After I blanch the milk at 160 degrees cool it to 120 and add the starter which I buy at the health food store, I put it in the dehydrator at 100 until it thickens. I can pickled veggies. okra, green "dilly beans" jalapenos but not cucumbers. They always go mushy on me and I won't use alum. I also make saurkraut in a five gallon crock and can that. We have an unheated storage building that we don't allow to freeze. I buy bushels of apples and sweet potatoes in the fall and store them out there. And this year I have a basket of butternut squash that I raised. Potatos go under the bed in the house when we dig them in July and usually last until the next Jan. Onions I dry and braid and hang on nails on the glassed porch. They usually last only til Sept or Oct. Wish I had a root cellar, and a greenhouse, but I make do. Dorothy
    ...See More

tomato names. favorite or make one up.

Q

Comments (29)
    Brad's Black Heart...it's always made me wonder, did a man named "Brad" develop the tomato, or did a woman who was wronged by a man named "Brad" develop the tomato? ***** Actually Brad Gates in CA found this black heart in a field planted with I think Black Krim's, but I'd have to check that out to be sure if it really matters. No woman involved. LOL Carolyn
    ...See More

My favorite Christmas tree is up

Q

Comments (14)
    Wonderful tree decor, lynne! Yes, fun to re-live the memories as you hang the ornies...(that doesn't sound as good as "ornaments" ...but that's the shortcut I've seen on here.) LOL! PM's idea is great...it is fun to have out old pics ...wherever...I use snow snowflake photo clip-stands & put a few old B&W's from our family Christmas' of DH's side & mine..& I have a old window (from my sis' farmhouse that was torn down) that I put our family pics in from over the years & mount on the wall for the winter season. Love using family pics! Also a fun way is to print a B&W on a "mylar" (clear plastic) a fav pic...cut out circle, wrap around pencil to insert in a glass ball...add a little snow glittery & it's a clear pic in a glass ball! I've done several of those for gifts. Have fun & TFS your family tree! Jeanne S.
    ...See More

Whats your favorite way to cheer someone up?

Q

Comments (16)
    I've said, hundreds of times, over the years, to myriad people ... ... that one of the best stress-relievers around is a bit of humour from time to time (as long as it's not aimed at rooting someone in the ribs). But - they can't bottle it ... and sell it ... so there doesn't seem to be a great deal of interest in it. ole joyful P.S. Wouldn't let me double-post ... till I altered a word in the subject line ... to conform to Canadian writing style. o j
    ...See More
  • Funkyart
    8 years ago

I first went to chanel for the foundation. It was by far the best color match.. but every bit as important to me was a lightweight semi-matte finish. I didnt wear much makeup. I didnt want to look I was wearing foundation but I got blotchy in the winter and needed it. That was 20+ years ago. I didnt wear any other chanel products until about 10 yr ago but what drew me in were the colors and the fact that their products look last through the day. I tend to prefer a natural look with a little shimmer.. their brown-pinks, bronzes and yellow-golds work well for me.

The foundation I started with is no longer available (teinte naturale). I currently wear the ultra light lumiere aqua and the lumiere velvet which is more matte.. for a fresh dewy look, I'd recommend the aqua over the matte but they have a number of other finishes and weights. There are two color bases, rose-beige and beige. (I wear beige).

• just_terrilynn
    8 years ago

Foundation, Lancome Imanance sunscreen spectrum spf15 tinted cream in tawny. Bobby Brown nude illuminating powder. My preference is using something that looks natural and where I can't tell it's on my face. I like Lancome's blush but bought Bobby Brown this time due to a color I liked, it's nice. I use a bit of Almay concealer. As far as lip liners it's drug store pencil liners, the cheapest work just as well or better than my Bobby Brown lip liner. I don't often use lip stick as I just color my whole lip with liner but when I do I really like Maybelline Super Stay 24 color in a wand that has balm on the other end. I use a tic of that over my pencil filled lip. There are several drug store eye shadows that are good and Almay is but one. For pencil eye liners I haven't found a department store name brand better than those I find at the drug store. For Mascara I use Mabelline mega plush. However, I meant to get some Dior mascara when I was at the mall as I have heard good things about it.

I spend money on the face base stuff like foundation, powder and blush. The base items can't really be swapped out for drug store products as the foundations look very foundation-y on the face and powders either too heavy or nothing and most blushes are made for clowns. Excluding possible mascara and face base things everything else can be had from the drug store through a bit of trial and error.

• OutsidePlaying
    8 years ago

First thank you rubyclaire for starting this thread.

Second, full disclosure, I am slow to change with respect to makeup. I am 67 and have been a mostly Bobbi Brown user since around 2002 when I decided it was time for a new, softer look. I did switch up some cleanser, serums and daily foundation a few years ago. Here is what I am most happy with.

• Foundation: Revision Intellishade original tinted moisturizer. This adapts itself to your skin color and has spf45. It also comes in matte. When I want extra coverage I use Bobbi's Intensive Skin Serum foundation & apply with a makeup brush. This stuff stays on and I sometimes use a touch of pressed mineral powder on nose & forehead to set.
    • Bobbi Brown long wear eye base. I have deep set eyes, and this really keeps my eye shadow in place all day
    • BB cream blush (pot rouge). I put it on with my fingertips. Just a touch will do.
    • BB corrector and concealer (intensive skin serum). These are fairly new in a tube vs a cake. I apply a small dot under eye and apply with a brush. These are more creamy than the old forms & need a light hand.
    • Revision Nectifirm. The neck wrinkles. Ugh! Really has helped with those.
    • BB Smokey Mascara. Love the wand. I have thin eyelashes and this is easy to apply.
    • Theraderm Fruit acid exfoliant. Apply with a cotton pad at least once a day after cleansing face before moisturizing.
    • Lipstick: I wear a BB color called Uber Beige most of the time. It's very neutral. Also wear 'Bobbi' and an occasional touch of gloss in Nude which is fairly long wearing.
    • BB Perfectly Defined Gel Eyeliner Pencil. Used to use the gel liner applied with a brush. It dried out too quickly. I like this pencil but it took a bit to get used to a pencil again. I don't even try to sharpen it, just use it as is, drawing a fine line.

I must say, all the glowing comments about Chanel make me want to give some of their products a try. I have wanted to try a couple of their lipstick shades, something I always have trouble with, as I like a soft pink-brown shade. Thanks to everyone for sharing your favorites and why you like them.

• Funkyart
    8 years ago

Outside, I especially like chanel's pink-browns. I use the glossimer almost exclusively these days so I can't recommend a color but I feel certain you'll find something in the lip line you prefer. I have heard great things about the staying power of the coco rouge lipsticks.. not the coco rouge shine (which feels luxurious but doesn't last at all), the straight coco rouge.

• OutsidePlaying
    8 years ago

Thanks funkyart. I have read other magazine reviews about Chanel's pink-browns, but couldn't remember the line. I will write these down and check them out.

• MtnRdRedux
    8 years ago

Oh, I definitely use a sponge for applying foundation. Apply it in dots with your fingers, then blend with the sponge. I use the hot pink egg shaped one. Chanel used to have a great Trapezoid one but long since discontinued it.

For self-tanner, Lancome has a product in little packets, like wipes. It's great, for a light touch. I notice it actually gives me a little of the shinyness I get from being in the sun, which I think makes it more authentic looking. My favorite trick is to use one on overnight flights so you don't look bedraggled when you land.

In re Chanel generally... It could be all in my head but first thing is I trust their colors. I often say it's like Farrow and Ball paint. I don't think either of them make a color I totally dislike, and I appreciate their expertise in editing down my color choices so I am less likely to make a mistake. Second, you can just feel the quality in their product. Their pencils don't break or drop the lead. The compacts don't break. With some powder blushes or eyeshadows, long before it's all used, it starts to crack and turns into a mess. Not with Chanel. None of their products irritate my eyes or skin. And, I feel they just work well. That isn't to say each and every product has no equal, but given the prices who wants to experiment and find out? I spent a couple hundred on all that stuff I reviewed, and I don't think any of it is better than what I have. Some of it I won't even use at all.

• Funkyart
    8 years ago

I have to second what Mtn said about trusting the product and the colors. I have yet to be unhappy with anything I have bought in person and online. I have found the sales staff to be exceptional and after working with them for so many years, I am pretty confident choosing colors online.

I didnt mention their nail lacquer but I love the color options! It doesn't last all that long for me but I have yet to find a nail polish that does. I don't hold that against chanel.

• busybee3
    8 years ago

i have never been too brand loyal with makeup... when i need to buy more, maybe i will look a little more at department store makeup. have never bought chanel makeup- only perfume!

i always loved clinique's naturally glossy mascara- never clumped or got dry, but the last couple of times i bought it it didn't seem the same- don't know if they changed their formula??

usually don't wear eyeshadow, but do like some of urban decay's neutrals. right now i have a couple of ulta liners which go on pretty smoothly and last- i hate liners that doesn't give a nice even line- more now that my lids are slightly more 'crepey' than they used to be!

i have about 6 concealers right now- don't love any of them, but only hated one- arbonne was super thick and almost greasy :(

i don't usually wear foundation- only if dressing up formally in the winter. therefore my lancome foundation is old!

i have a lot of lipsticks- but my everyday is CG lipslicks in demure or hipster- love it!! not too much color, but good for tint, shine and moisture.

• Oakley
    8 years ago

Last week I read that Chanel has the best lipstick, so I may buy some. Also, I read where older women should wear cream blush, which I'm in the market for.

Balm Shelter tinted moisturizer for daytime.

Smashbox Long-wear lip lacquer is another favorite. It's not shiny but looks natural on the lips. Great for summer.

• rubyclaire
    Original Author
    8 years ago

I'm very curious now about Chanel's foundation even though I'm happy with my Armani. It may be worth spending some time with a Chanel make-up artist the next time I'm near a Chanel counter. Great to hear such positive reviews!

• Bunny
    8 years ago

I'd like to get some brow grooming products. Although my hair is very gray, my eyebrows have stayed dark. Shape/arch is okay. Maybe a little color to fill in and then something to keep them in place so that I'm not always grooming them with my finger tips.

• MtnRdRedux
    8 years ago

Linelle, I don't fill mine in, I get them tinted sometimes. They say if you do fill them in, use a pencil a bit lighter than your brows. In the meantime, Covergirl clear mascara is perfect for shaping them and keeping them groomed,

• carolb_w_fl_coastal_9b
    8 years ago

For Linelle: I use a smidge of regular clear hair gel & a eyebrow/mascara brush to set my eyebrows - not for everyday, just those special made-up occasions...

• Bunny
    8 years ago

Mtn and Carolb, thanks. I've used hair wax on them and it helps keep them from getting straggly.

• Oakley
    8 years ago

Linelle, I must sleep funny because when I wake up there is always a brow hair or two standing straight up! Mustache wax works great. It comes in a tube like lipstick. I've used gel and it's not strong enough. My brows are soft which makes them easier to stand up.

For color I use a light brown brow gel that looks like mascara. Pencils look too obvious on me.

• RNmomof2 zone 5
    8 years ago

Ha ha, I'm making lemonade out of lemons! I have recently been diagnosed with glaucoma (at a somewhat young age). The eye drops that I use to lower eye pressure are related to Latisse, the med that Brooke Shields used to grow eyelashes. Whatever runs out of my eyes, I wipe on my eyebrows. Time will tell how it helps thicken my brows. Unfortunately, the drops may turn my pretty blue eyes brown. :-(

• tinam61
    8 years ago

I recently started using a CC cream instead of my long-used mineral make-up. My skin is drier and I don't think the mineral make-up was helping that. I do not like the normal cream/liquid/powder foundation. That's what I liked about mineral make-up. Lightweight, natural, doesn't look like I'm wearing make-up. The CC cream is the same. But my skin is more "dewy" lines are less noticeable, etc. Someone mentioned a brand on here that I will try when I run out of this.

I used to be big on Clinque, but not so much now. I read about using a concealer with a peachy/pink tint to counteract under-eye circles. Found one - NYC brand. Which is cheap stuff, but I like it. Hot and Flashy recommended another such concealer, I think, so I may give that a try just to see if it's any better. I love and swear by the old Maybelline mascara - that or clinique mascara.

I spend way more on skin-care products than make-up. I really dont' have favorite eye shadows, pencils, etc. I do like many of clinique lipsticks/glosses, etc. but also like other brands. I absolutely HATE lip liners - feel they look aging and dated - but I think someone mentioned using a nude pencil and I have read that before, but not sure I NEED a lip liner - might try that sometime though and see how it looks.

I tell you, I am LOVING the CeraVe cleanser and moisturizer - my skin feels so much better (and looks better too!). Also using their eye cream right now.

• Sueb20
    8 years ago

I have professed my love here previously for Nars Dolce Vita lipstick. It's my easy go-to as it is basically the color of my lips, only slightly better, so it looks very natural. However, I recently bought a Laura Mercier lipstick in a color called Pomegranite, and now I love this new color even more. It's just a little stronger color than the Dolce Vita and I think it's better for my skin tone.

I have tried the others, but I always go back to Maybelline mascara. It's so cheap and works better for me than any high end stuff I've tried.

I have some wacky stuff going on with my eyebrows too. I need to pay more attention to them.

• Holly- Kay
    8 years ago

Linelle, if your skin is dry the Chanel Lumiere Velvet will be very, very matte. I wouldn't hesitate to go with a different Chanel foundation. I just received the Lumber Velvet last week and I have to give it to my daughter as it makes my skin look drier than it is. I will have to make a trip to the next county to find Chanel in a department store where I can sample it.

Funky, where do you buy your Chanel? I'm not sure if Harrisburg or Lancaster would be closer for me.

I have an YSL creme blush that I love. When I was shopping online last week I was hoping to get more as I am almost out and it looks like they no longer make it!

• romy718
    8 years ago

I need a new eyelid primer so I'll be trying Jlc's Urban Decay.

Smashbox Photo Finish Oil Free Foundation Primer - either my skin has changed or primers have changed because I tried multiple primers (including Smashbox) a few years ago & did not like the added layer of product. This seems to disappear into my skin & blurs pores & fine wrinkles.

Lancome Renergie Lift Makeup for normal to dry skin. I went through an expensive makeup mid-life crisis & this was the best one for my skin. I used to apply with a foundation brush & add a drop or two of water. Now I use the Beautyblender sponge.

Josie Maran gel blush - recently switched to this & I love it. I've been a cream brush user for the last 10 years - Nars, Chanel, Dior, Clarins, Bobbie Brown

Bobbie Brown Gel Eyeliner

Lancome Lip Lover (great staying power) & Nars Rouge Artist Natural. I developed super dry lips about 2 years ago & can no longer tolerate most lipsticks or glosses. I use Lanolin (for breast feeding nipples) at night.

A recent make up game changer for me is the Beautyblender sponge that Mtn referenced. The water in the sponge thins the foundation just a bit & gives a fresh, no foundation look. Beautyblenders liquid brush cleaner is the best I've found for cleaning brushes. I prefer their soap bar cleaner for the sponge. Great reviews on Nordstom & Sephora.

Still searching for the perfect mascara. I like YSL but it dries out so quickly & is just too expensive.

• tinam61
    8 years ago

I also use that sponge and love it!!

• sas95
    8 years ago

I second the recommendation of the Urban Decay eyeshadow primer.

I also use the Lancome Renergie foundation and have found it to be the best on me. Good color match, and neither too matte nor too dewy.

For concealer, I like the Bobbi Brown foundation stick. And it lasts forever.

I have a hard time with mascaras as they all seem to run off my eye lashes in a matter of hours. I have used eyelash primer successfully to stop this, but would prefer not to add that product. Lancome mascaras are the only ones that actually stay where they are supposed to be.

I am not loyal to any particular brand for lipstick, I just look around for the right color. I used to love the Chanel lipsticks, but won't buy them anymore because I had a customer service problem with Chanel and will no longer buy their products.

I love the Nars tinted moisturizer for days that I want less makeup.

• always1stepbehind
    8 years ago

Real Techniques has a good Beauty Blender knockoff if anyone is interesting in trying a sponge without having to spend $25. I used to use a sea sponge for many years and in the last year or so tried the RT sponge (orange sponge) for like $6. I saw a review on youtube between the Beauty Blender and the Real Techniques sponge. I dampen it, but a little foundation of top of my left hand and then take the foundation off my hand with the sponge and apply...blot all over and then blend. I also use a round flat brush for "buffing" on the foundation. I like the brush too, but find myself using the sponge more.

• Funkyart
    8 years ago

I agree with Holly re: the lumiere velvet is very matte so if you have very dry skin you'll want to try it a few times before buying (they will give you take home pots to try). I don't like any shine so it's why I use it.. but I am finding my skin is too dry to use it without moisturizing first. Also, I prefer the ultra light lumiere aqua in the summer.

Holly-kay, Harrisburg stores don't carry Chanel anymore. You have to go to BT in Lancaster-- or Nordstrom in Towson. You get great attention in Lancaster-- I often have the whole counter to myself.. but you'll find more expertise in Towson!

• Holly- Kay
    8 years ago

Thanks Funky. I used to go to TTS often but haven't been there in probably ten years. I still go to PC on a regular basis so I may just take a jaunt up there next week. I can get samples, decide on what Chanel products I want and then have them shipped to me.

• Funkyart
    8 years ago

It's definitely easier to get in and out.. Hope you find something you like!

• Funkyart
    8 years ago

Holly, I just got an email from bonton about their community days sale. Very few sales apply to Chanel -- and never more than 10% but I think this may be one. It's worth checking (often they will call me and let me order over the phone --no call yet lol)

• tinam61
    8 years ago

You can get the BB sponge for $20. The RT is much cheaper, but the material it is made of is not the same. The BB sponge absorbs/holds water. I know $20 is pricey for a make-up sponge, but it will last and last.

• Funkyart
    8 years ago

I used a brush but had sooo much product waste. I went to applying with fingers and finishing with the brush. I should try a sponge

• lisaw2015 (ME)
    8 years ago

I just recently tried the NARS tinted moisturizer & I love it! In fact, there is a box on my doorstep as we speak from Sephora with that in it as well as my fav Urban Decay eyeliner, Demolition.

For mascara, Clinique Lash Power Feathering Mascara in brown. And I also love Urban Decays eye shadow primer, it works very well.

For skin care, I swear by Paula's Choice products, especially the Resist Retinol Serum. I swear it makes my skin feel & look amazing!

• Holly- Kay
    8 years ago

Thanks Funky! I got that email too but didn't think it would apply because of the brand name. I often get calls from BT when they have a gift coming out. I have a trip to PC on my to do list! Thanks for the heads up.

Funky, I have been using a brush for a few years but like you I had a huge amount of product loss. I have the original Beauty blender in my Amazon cart but I may just pop into Sephora when I go to PC.

• Funkyart
    8 years ago

Holly, I called BT-- and this sale does not offer a discount on cosmetics. However, I have info on an upcoming sale. I will send you details via message if you are set to accept them!

• Nothing Left to Say
    8 years ago

I have rosacea and found that a lot of products made it worse. So I am a bit limited in my options, but fortunately I have found a combination that works for me.

I use zinco sunscreen (only available online) in place of foundation. It only comes in tinted, which is too dark for my skin, and transulcent. I buy both and mix them together on my finger before applying to get a color that works. This stuff actually makes my rosacea much better.

Then I apply bare minerals matte foundation with a brush as a powder over my nose and around my eyes. (I do use concealer around my eyes as well, but I haven't found any particular one to be amazingly better than any other one really.)

I use benefit watts up as all over eye shadow and occasionally over my cheek bones as well. It is very neutral and natural looking, which is my preferred look.

And then I use cheap dark grey eyeliner and black mascara.

My favorite lip balm is spearmint shimmer from purple prairie. It doesn't hold up particularly well, but it is a very subtle pretty color and feels nice on my lips while helping to moisturize. Plus it gets a good rating from the environmental working group, which is nice given that we all end up actually eating the lip balm/stick we put on. For the rare occasions that I use more lip color, I use Clinique's almost lipstick in black honey.

• blfenton
    8 years ago

I also have rosacea and as one of the affects of it I also have very sensitive eyes. The only products that I have found that actually are scent-free with no cover-up scents to mask any actual scents that the product may have is Clinique and Aveeno body wash.

• westsider40
    8 years ago

For the last several years, I have loved Loreal's Double Extend Mascara. Open one end of the wand and you find a white base. The other end opens to your selected color, in my case, black. It really extends your lashes. I used to love Maybelline. In my youth, I bought expensive makeup but in these elder years, I am a drugstore baby. I wear less now but my heart is still all about makeup. As a kid, I wanted to be a makeup artist! Oh, Maybelline ultraliner in brown and Maybelline eyebrow powder, -ultrabrow, I think.

Latisse at around $150 a pop with a prescription from doc for eyelash and brow re-grower for sparse lashes and brows. Yup. But I stopped when I developed the corneal disease I now have. Latisse was discovered, allegedly, when patients who were using it for glaucoma developed very long eyelashes with its use. So it sounds safe. I am just bummed about my corneal disease and vision. so I don't want to mess much. You have to use it every, every, single day, no skipping and it doesn't show for several weeks.

• User
    8 years ago

For those with rosacea, perhaps try niacinamide supplements. My friend takes this for her rosacea and it's very effective. Just a supplement from the vitamin aisle.

• cattyles
    8 years ago

i am so hoping for a DGD one day. I have one son. She is beautiful.

• Holly- Kay
    8 years ago

She is beautiful! I can't wait to do that with my DGD!

• Oakley
    8 years ago

Thank you! To have those perfect eyebrows and eyelashes again. sigh....

• cattyles
    8 years ago

I have a favorite eyelash trick. It helps me use less mascara and really opens up my eyes. I heat my eyelash curler with the blow dryer. You have to be really careful at first by testing on your wrist before curling your lashes. But you can squeeze with much less force and the curl lasts even after removing my makeup.

• Oakley
    8 years ago

My go-to website for reviews is makeup alley. I've been using ROC Deep Wrinkle Serum for a couple of months now and I love it. I ordered the 2 bottle pack and received it today.

I was happy to see this in my email today from M.A.! Roc is still highly rated.

Best Restinols

• cattyles
    8 years ago

I love the reviews at Makeup Alley, too.

• Erica L
    8 years ago

Rubyclaire - sorry to interrupt this thread but I was wondering if you can tell me who you ordered your encore tile from. The place I called quoted me $650 in shipping for 30 sq feet in addition to $30/ft for 3X8 crackle tile. Would love to contact your seller!

• Erica L
    8 years ago

Ummm. So I think you are in the Tampa Bay Area???? I saw you purchased granite at Mont Krest. We bought granite there for our old house! I'm in Westchase!!

• rubyclaire
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Erica - yes, I used Mont Krest for granite and Marla Davidson Tile for the Encore. I needed about 20 sf and paid about $150 to have it shipped to my home. I can tell you that the packing and shipping were perfection and not one tile was damaged in any way. It is really pretty tile, and while I could have been perfectly happy with a a subway tile for half the price, there is something so lovely in the shading of this tile that I have no regrets about this little extravagance! Good luck and let me know if you need any additional info - I think you can message me through my Houzz profile.

• Erica L
    8 years ago

Unfortunately Marla Davidson retired and closed shop in December. We bought pool tile there a couple years ago and was disappointed to hear she closed. The local Ceramicmatrix store leaves a lot to be desired!

• rubyclaire
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Well that's too bad...it was a lovely tile shop! I would try the other place in Sarasota if you are not crazy about Ceramicmatrix. I actually don't think Ceramicmatrix carried Encore when I purchased a couple of years ago - it was just MD and the Sarasota place. Hope it works out for you!