SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lithigin

Bathtub with two shower heads?

lithigin
8 years ago

DH and I have a regular bathtub with regular shower head. We have on it a simple plumbing-supply type shower head extender so we have two simple nozzle heads, somewhat adjustable, allowing the "back person" to still get a good shower. Each can be turned off with a little mechanical button on the head. On the wall pipe (before the heads) is another aftermarket white plastic handheld sprayer for the kids and dog.

We're going to redo our master bath and are looking for a way to recreate the functionality we have while leaving the PTFE tape and aftermarket parts behind! The design showrooms we've been in have never heard of this, yet have loads of standing showers with multiple shower heads, bars, tiles, etc. I don't get the rain head as it exclusively showers only the main person. Do people just not shower together in a tub shower?

Anyway, we're envisioning a mounted sprayer shower head on the current shower wall, above the drain. I thought we'd mount a second sprayer head holster down lower for kids to shower with a fixed head. I don't see the purpose of a shower bar, other than for modern sleek aesthetics. I guess I don't see a time where we'd want to adjust it between us height and kid height.

On the foot of the tub, we plan a matching fixed shower head. There is a Moen diverter that would mount at the drain end whose valve can handle water to A - main shower only, B - Main and back shower, or C - tub spout.

Gardenweb/Houzz friends, is there some functionality option I'm missing? Other ideas? I can find no photos of this on google, Pinterest, etc and would love some! Thanks for the thoughts.

Comments (5)