SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cathy_schmerr

Need help for my rescued Calathea Roseopicta

Cathy Schmerr
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Hello, I am new here to post but have read a lot before this.

Anyway I got a calathea marked down two weeks ago at Lowe's. Overall it was not bad looking just two light green yellowish leaves. Soil was dry, very dry and no bugs. So I brought it home and kept it away from all my other plants to be safe from any hidden bugs or what not. I noticed when I got it it was growing a new leaf. As the leaf began unveiling itself it was not a beautiful dark green and no purple underneath as well the inner roll of the leaf was crispy brown. This would be the third yellowish green leaf now but with almost half of it crispy brown. I did transplant it today since its been in quarantine for two weeks and it had bright indirect light also. I seen some roots were not pretty white but brown may 20-25% so intrimed it. I it into an eight in pot since it was throwing roots from the top of the soil and bottom of the six inch pot it was in. Here is a few pics I took. I planted it in a mixture of potting soil, some African violet soil with a little perlite in the bottom of the pot for good drainage. Any ideas let me know. I am not fertilizing it till I see new active growth unless it is in dire need now. I have a humidity tray and its also amount some other plants to help with humidity and away from any drafts. I will have to post the pics separate since they are not on my tablet. Thanks again!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH