SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
primdawg

Final layout help, adjust the work triangle? Pics

Annette Holbrook(z7a)
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

The last house fell through so now it looks like we are building. Quick intro, we are going from 4500sf to about 2200sf, heading to the mountains. I'm going from modern, country colonial to modern, rustic cabin style. I got to choose overall design in the house we are leaving, which was light, bright, white trim etc. Hubby's voice this time so we are going woodsy, rustic. I'm shocked but after touring some homes, the style has grown on me. One thing I've discovered after touring dozens of homes is that it's way more casual and most of the homes are set up where the main entry is through the kitchen as they want the great room on the back for the view.

The floorplan we've decided on had 2 options for kitchen placement.

Option 1, u shaped kitchen, entry between kitchen and dining. Overflow pantry in laundry to left which connects to garage.

Option 2, galley kitchen. While we initially like this layout best, it has less storage and work space. Nowhere to put coffee maker or toaster for example.

As hubby is the main chef I let him make the final choice and he chose Option 1.

So so my question is the work triangle, I can change them around now, so should I? The sink under the window isn't a set thing as the view is really the other side of the house. Also the builder has put ranges at the window, so I can do that.

Here's a 3D view. Ignore the post on the end of the peninsula, this program doesn't understand rooms without 4 walls, so I have to make openings. The wall stops at the fridge.

The section of the dark brown cabinets is my wine/beverage center. The microwave will go undercounter in the peninsula.

Here's are pics of how the builder does rock around the range, the venting is hidden generally. First one under window, second and third pics on interior wall.

Keep in mind this will mainly be a one cook kitchen, my job is to make the cocktails, set out some cheese and crackers and chat while he cooks. I do clean up.

Basic size has to stay the same, the peninsula and wine bar are the only fixed things.

Go!

Comments (42)