SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aunt_audrey

Happy Valentines Day

Let there be love in your life.

Comments (21)

• glenda_al
    8 years ago

Son and wife are treating me to a rare lunch with them at Village Tavern for Eggs Benedict YEA!!!!!

• Fun2BHere
    8 years ago

Best wishes to everyone on Valentine's Day and every day.

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    8 years ago

Happy valentine's day to all! I told my husband this year instead of spending money on flowers and gifts and cards etc what I really wanted was new bedroom bedside storage. So today we got them. I am happy. He buys me flowers all the time and I love that he is a keeper!

• Texas_Gem
    8 years ago

Aww, you brought back a memory from times past. :)

We played a brief montage for each of our kids on their first birthday, chronicling their first year of life.

My oldest daughters montage was played with the song Let There Be Love by Oasis.

As soon as I read your post, I had a flashback to her first year...thank you.

Let there be love for everyone!

• Jasdip
    8 years ago

• Marilyn Sue McClintock
    8 years ago

Happy Valentine's Day! I am probably the only one here whose husband has never bought cards, candy, flowers or taken out to eat but I have love from my children. This morning oldest daughter Cheryl and her husband brought us breakfast. It was 63 years ago today that I first went out with my now husband.

I hope all have a beautiful day today.

Sue

• Georgysmom
    8 years ago

Now that's my kind of Valentine, Jas.

• rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
    8 years ago

Audrey, that card is so charming! Happy Valentines Day to you and all.

• susie53_gw
    8 years ago

My husband is not much of a gift giver for the most part.. He does surprise me once in a while. I came home from being gone a couple days watching the grandkids and there were flowers on the kitchen table in a big mason jar. Beautiful dark pink carnations.

• ont_gal
    8 years ago

Happy Valentines Day,everyone!

• sleeperblues
    8 years ago

Georgy, that's EXACTLY what I was going to say, lol! Happy Valentine's day to all of you lovely people:)

• lindaohnowga
    8 years ago

Wishing you all a Happy Valentine's Day.

• mama goose_gw zn6OH
    8 years ago

Happy Valentine's Day to you, too. Although I'm widowed, my house has been full of love today, with my extended family's usual monthly potluck dinner.

• schoolhouse_gw
    8 years ago

I was down at the local grocery when one of the employees was saying goodbye to her husband and holding one rose, a card, and a Hershey bar. After he left she mused that he probably took the rose from the bouquet their daughter received today. She was pretending to be happy but all I could think of is "what a jerk". Couldn't he have gotten his own roses and something other than a Hershey bar? Maybe money was tight, but he could have come up with something better than that. Oh well, it's the thought that counts I guess.

• jewels_ks
    8 years ago

I gave all of my family a little gift. Dh got workout magazines and candy since I recycled his old magazines. DS got some sour candy and a $10.00 Burger King gift card since he just discovered the breakfast burritos there. Both DD got a Ring pop and a workout shirt that was on clearance. My DD that goes to KU and lives with 3 roommates. When she was home last weekend I sent home a box with fuzzy socks and a chocolate for all 4 of them. My dd said they opened the box today and all the roommates were surprised and very happy. It's the only holiday that my dd doesn't come home. Making a meal tonight but it is 5:00 and I still haven't made it to the store.

• satine_gw
    8 years ago

I spent the day alone which is kind of hard for me. When I was growing up and when we were raising our family we always celebrated every holiday that came around. It wasn't a big deal celebration but we always did at least a special dinner and maybe a little candy or some other tidbit for everybody. I miss those days.

• janey_alabama
    8 years ago

Happy Valentine's Day!!

• sjerin
    8 years ago

Sue, my sister-in-law has suffered the same fate as you--no flowers, candy, cards or going out unless there's a darn good reason for it, usually involving visitors. So you are not alone! We have 3 out of 5 bdays in mid-Feb., so V's day is a regular day for us. I do, however, give the 'kids' chocolate.

• Amazing Aunt Audrey
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Sue I was alone too. I did get to visit with Schultz for an hour yesterday. Today I slept late as usual...ate a late lunch as usual..hung out in my pajamas all day. I fried some shrimp for dinner. Am now parked in front of the TV watching TCM. Contemplating bed. Just another day with myself.

• marilyn_c
    8 years ago

My husband doesn't buy me gifts or flowers. He knows that I don't care about things like that. If I want something, I buy it myself. I am not saying he isn't thoughtful.....and the things he does for me, mean a lot to me. Like many years ago, he was working down the coast and got a ride home with some of the other guys working down there. (He is a comm. fisherman, so he went by boat and hitched a ride home for a day or so.) They passed a ditch full of water that had what he thought was an unusual plant, so he got them to stop, go back, and he got one for me. (I raised aquatic plants....so that is the kind of thing that I liked). Another time he was working in Louisiana, and coming home, stopped at a service station that was near a cemetery. A beautiful old rose was blooming on the fence. He brought me a cutting. I rooted it and still have it....many years later. He got an insurance settlement and gave most of it to me to get dental implants...because I wanted them. I wanted to buy a horse in a kill pen in Louisiana....we went to Louisiana and got a horse. Anything I want, if he has the money....I can have. If he brought me a card for an anniversary or even a Christmas present, I would think he had lost his mind. I have two things that really do represent the trouble he will go to to give me things I want. Our first place we bought after getting married, was an old dairy farm. It had a large concrete water trough, and that is what got me interested in goldfish, then fancy goldfish, then waterlilies, then koi. When we sold that place, he moved it here for me. It wasn't an impossible job but it took some doing to move a concrete trough that big. And since then, since I loved that one so much, he found 3 more and moved them here for me too. The other thing he did for me, was have me buy a window that I really loved that is in the bathroom here. It's a long story, and this is too long already, but it is one of my favorite things....it is old and frosted and has a design on it and Reading Room.