SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hudson___wy

Golden Dwarf Gypsy

hudson___wy
8 years ago

I am intrigued by the description of the taste for this new 2016 Dwarf Tomato Project variety - Golden Dwarf Gypsy. I don't normally care to much for the sweet tomato taste of many yellows but I like the taste description of this yellow! I also like the size of the fruit - we decided to try it. Here is one source - Heritage Seed Market - their website link - variety description and photo.

http://heritageseedmarket.com/index.php/product/dwarf-golden-gypsy-2/

NEW! 2016 Dwarf Project release
Seed supply grown by Bill Minkey
Photo used with permission of Carolyn Keiper, Ohio
Sold by Heritage Tomato Seed
Plant growth: indeterminate, dwarf
Leaf type: potato, rugose
Time to maturity: 75 Days
Year seed harvested: 2015
OSSI-Pledged seeds (see “Additional Information” below)
Seeds per pack: 15
“Dwarf Golden Gypsy” originated with a cross made between Golden Dwarf Champion and Elbe made by Patrina Nuske Small in 2006 and named Tipsy. Dwarf Golden Gypsy was selected and named by Wendy Montanez. The vigorous potato leaf dwarf plants produce heavy yields of smooth oblate medium yellow fruit with pale yellow flesh, ranging from 8-18 ounces. The flavor is among the very best among the new dwarfs – intense, sprightly (with a distinct refreshing tang), and simply delicious. Involved are Patrina Nuske Small, Carolyn Keiper, Craig LeHoullier, Wendy Montanez, Susan Dzejachok, Dee Sackett, and Susan Oliverson. The starting seed sample was grown and provided by Bill Minkey.
For more information on the Dwarf Tomato Project check out the project's site.

DGG is growing great ! I love potato leaf tomato plants rugose or not ! If you are growing DGG this year please share your experience and results. Here is a current photo of DGG

Comments (29)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County