SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ken_adrian

'Golden Fernspray', 'Licopodiodes Aurea','Rigid Dwarf','Teddy Bea

Chamaecyparis obtusa 'Golden Fernspray' ... in the back.. huge strobus overhanging the house.. soon to be removed... i wonder what effect it will have in my tiny little zone 6 .. i am guessing some of the plants are going to burn like heck next year ...

{{gwi:822694}}

Chamaecyparis obtusa 'Licopodiodes Aurea' .. this one is just so weird... i wish i could get a close up ....

{{gwi:823845}}

Chamaecyparis obtusa 'Rigid Dwarf' .. out in blinding sun.. on the slope just below the brick wall mentioned in the resinosa aurea post ... this one doesnt seem to mind zone 5

{{gwi:823846}}

Chamaecyparis obtusa 'Teddy Bear' .. one of my favorites.. with the open form ....

{{gwi:337179}}

Chamaecyparis obtusa 'Tsukumo' .. looks like i am going to have to go in there and cut out the larger growth ... any clue what it is reverting to? .. one thing for sure.. its not juvenile growth, like the rest ...

{{gwi:823847}}

Comments (3)

• conifers
    16 years ago

Yah yah Ken! That 'Teddy Bear' is cool.

Later,

Dax

• lisasmall
    16 years ago

I'm likin' your 'Tsukumo'... do you know of any fat little balls like that which are blue-ish?

• Embothrium
    16 years ago

You're probably showing 'Fernspray Gold', introduced by Duncan & Davies nursery, NZ. A mutation of it is 'Golden Fern'. 'Fern Gold' has also been listed.

'Lycopodioides' (and 'Lycopodioides Aurea') is so-spelled, presumably named after a supposed resemblance to club moss (Lycopodium).