SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
golfergirl29

What would you do to make this great room GREAT?!

golfergirl29
8 years ago

In the middle of building our house, we fell in love with the marble wall around the fireplace. Originally the TV was going over the fireplace, but we just didn't want to cover that stone and take a chance on damaging the TV from the heat. So we put the TV on the adjacent wall. Now I'm struggling with the furniture layout. I'm thinking about using chairs instead of sofas for more flexibility when we have a group over to watch TV, like we did for the Super Bowl. The only 2 pieces that are staying are the 2 taupe recliners. And the sailboat picture. (Having had surgeries, I now understand the value of recliners for retirees.) The other pieces (2 person sofa and overstuffed chair) will go with their mates in the man cave. Would you use chairs? Where would you place them? The room is 19' x 19'8".

I now realize that the warmer tones look better, and yet we bought taupe chairs. (sigh) The walls are BM Silver Chain. How do we warm up the room and tie in the taupe? Area rug? Colors of the other furniture? I sure could use some help!!! Any suggestions greatly appreciated!!!

The fireplace is actually bumped out into the porch so we have a flat wall in the GR.

I love that overstuffed chair, but it's way too big for this room.

Can't wait to move that 2-person recliner. But the painting stays.

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz