SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
llitm

Tried and true vegan menu?

llitm
8 years ago

Would anyone have any tried and true vegan recipes to share? I could use this recipe below as a main dish omitting the chicken (I've made it before and it is delicious!) but could use suggestions for side dishes. Also, open to other main dish suggestions/recipes as well. Recommendations for tried and true vegan sites would also be welcome. TIA!

Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Pasta

Print

Prep time

40 mins

Cook time

20 mins

Total time

1 hour

Serves: 4-5 servings

Ingredients

• 1 medium spaghetti squash
  • 1 tablespoon butter or ghee
  • 4 garlic cloves, minced
  • 2 large shallots, thinly sliced
  • 4 ounces of sun-dried tomatoes in oil
  • 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced small
  • 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
  • 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
  • ½ teaspoon dried basil
  • ¾ cup canned coconut milk
  • 1 cup chicken bone broth
  • ½ - 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
  • ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
  • fresh parsley, to garnish
  • sprinkle of black pepper

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut spaghetti squash in half, lengthwise, and place face down on a baking sheet. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until threads are easily removed from squash.
  2. Place a large saute pan over medium- low heat. Add 2 tablespoons of oil (I used the oil from the sun-dried tomato jar and 1 tablespoon of butter to the pan. Once warm, add garlic cloves and shallots. Cook until garlic becomes fragrant.
  3. Add sun-dried tomatoes and cook for about 5 minutes. Remove mixture, set aside on a plate, then add chicken, sprinkle with salt, red pepper flakes, and basil and brown on all sides.
  4. Once browned, about 6-8 minutes, add sun-dried tomato mixture back into the pan. Pour in coconut milk and broth and add about 1 teaspoon salt. Mix well.
  5. Add in spaghetti squash threads and mix until well combined. Turn heat to low and let simmer for about 8-10 minutes, or until mixture reduces and thickens. Taste to see if you would like to add more salt.
  6. Toast pine nuts in a small saute pan over medium heat until fragrant and golden.
  7. Garnish pasta dish with pine nuts, parsley, and a bit of black pepper. Serve!

Comments (12)