SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
titanoboa21

Review of Frigidaire FFTR1821QW Refrigerator 18 cu ft Black-Don't Buy

titanoboa21
8 years ago

We had a rental in which there was a Frigidaire FFTR1821QW 18 cu. ft. Black refrigerator.

First, the good. It keeps foods cold; cool enough in the lower compartment and freezing above.

Now, the bad. There are things that 'bulge' into the food compartment. Along the vertical side walls of the inside, there are bulges that are intended to hold the glass sliding shelves. Those bulges stick out too far and hinder storage for items along the inside walls of the fridge. The worst ‘bulge’ is the cool control knob encasement and light bulb holder in the inside top of the unit. It sticks down so far into the top shelf that storing or stacking things on the top shelf is nearly impossible.

The door shelves have too much of a gap between the shelf bottoms and the (cheap) plastic rail that holds items in the door shelves. Thus, items slip between the shelf-edge and the rail and fall on the floor often.

The plastic rail comes out of its holding points on either side of the door and spills everything onto the floor. This happened twice, and I fixed it by applying super-hold superglue. Next, the door rails themselves are made from plastic that cracks after less than a year of use. All of the plastic shelf rails have cracked and would be in pieces if it weren’t for high-quality clear package wrapping tape. There were three of us in the house, each on a special diet. The fridge was full, or near-full most of the time. The fridge does not allow good visibility when full, so I ended up getting on my knees a LOT, just to find what I needed.

I call it the fridge that demands you to get on your knees, like a king demands. Not recommended for a person with type of knee or leg problems If the refrigerator had been mine, I would have had it hauled off as scrap. I will never buy one.

Comments (4)