SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
soilent_green

Trade Currant Plants from Rooted Layered Branches?

soilent_green
8 years ago

I know it is dead here, just thought I would post one last time in an attempt to contact people with whom I used to have conversations about currants.

This offer is for Minnesota residents only, for shipping purposes/possible physical delivery.

I have my messaging turned off because I want you to post here if you are interested in this offer to trade. The reason is that I want a record of contact that will not get lost or misplaced.

I am interested in establishing a few trusted "partnerships" where for our mutual benefit we trade currant plants from rooted, layered branches in spring of 2017 and possibly future years. I use a
foolproof method with a 100% success rate (so far) for getting nice rooted
layered cuttings from my currant bushes, and I would pass the simple technique on to
you if you are interested in establishing such a partnership so we can trade. The process I use is mostly hassle-free, nature does 98% of the work. It starts in summer and
carries through the fall and winter into springtime, so everything needs to be
planned and worked on well in advance of the actual trade.

I should have inventory that will be available this spring if by chance someone is in the position to do a 2016 trade.

I am seeking named cultivars of black and red currants
that I do not have. I can offer in trade any of my two named cultivars
of red, one named cultivar of pink, and one named cultivar of white. My black
cultivars will not be available for several years because they are still young and need to become established before
layering can be done. I can also offer wild black currant and wild black gooseberry plants.

If curious:

GW Currant Discussion 1
GW Currant Discussion 2

Update:
Since those GW currant conversations occurred I have quadrupled the
size of my currant patch by purchasing some black
varieties and by layering branches of my reds, pinks, and whites to get more of
those plants. The new plants need to become established before normal production kicks in, but last year I harvested around 7 gallons of
berries. My goal is 25 gallon harvests annually. :-)

-Tom

Comments (2)

Sponsored