SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tabbaldwin

Choosing leather for sofa and recliner (H&M or B-Y), questions

tracey_b
8 years ago

I'm about to drag my husband out to test sit sofas and recliners this weekend. I've narrowed it down to Hancock and Moore or Bradington-Young. From what I'm reading, H&M is considered better of the two even though a helpful saleslady at the furniture store recently said there wasn't much difference. Anyway, we're going to make a day trip over to FurnitureLand South to browse their extensive items (more to test-sit!).

About the leather itself--we have 2 cats. They don't intentionally claw furniture, but they can't help but "scratch" it somewhat when they jump off. I know some leathers show scuff marks worse than others--what kind do I need to look for? Hopefully, they'll still gravitate to the fabric pieces in the room, but still....

The pieces we like--based on looks form online catalog--are H&M's 'Journey' line and B-Y's 'Sheffield' line. I know H&M offers replacement cushion cores, so this is a draw for me. I'm curious about the backs, though--are all the backs accessible for changing out cores? The 'Journey' looks connected to the frame?

Any hints or suggestions about the cushion types?

Thanks!

Tracey

Comments (16)