SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
crouch_gw

Signs of quality to look for in a 'married' leather sofa?

crouch
16 years ago

I've been searching for a casual leather sofa with a deep seat to enable two people to lay side-by-side for tv viewing in my family room.

I wanted to buy Hancock and Moore b/c of all the raves on this site, but H&M's seats are not deep enough (with the exception of the Settlement sofa which I haven't been able to find for the "sit test" in NJ; also, it apparently isn't part of the Town and Country promotion and thus is out of my price league).

I've also looked at Flexsteel but they are not any deeper than the H&Ms.

Stickley has a nice one that I found for about $3000, which remains a contender.

Also, I've noticed that Bernhardt offers several leather models that have deep seats, including their Foster model. Raymour and Flanagan of all places has it on sale right now for $1888 (and there's probably at least some play in that price). However, the salesman called Bernhardt and confirmed that it was a married cover leather from China (frames are built in North Carolina).

I plan to go again this weekend and look at this sofa in more detail because I have concerns about the married cover from China issue. I know dcollie has mentioned finding some quality issues on married covers and I'm hoping for some pointers on what to look for.

Thanks in advance.

Comments (3)