SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caflowerluver

Has anyone had bunion surgery?

caflowerluver
8 years ago

I have been going to a podiatrist for the last couple of years because my right foot has a large bunion. I have tried all the non surgery methods like wearing orthopedic (ugly) shoes with special inserts. I have an appointment tomorrow to discuss it.

I don't know why I got one. I have never worn high heels, always flats and loafers. I think it was inherited, my mother had bunions. I would not get it done just for appearances. I would do it because it is very painful to walk long distances. I use to walk 1 - 2 miles a day but since it hurts so much to walk I don't do much walking anymore. And put on 24 pounds because of it. And it limits the things I can do for fun.

I have read a lot about the surgery and know it takes 6-8 weeks or longer to recover. I have read that it is very painful. I have gone through painful surgery and a long recovery before when I broke my hip in 2009. I broke it in 3 places and have several screws and pins with a long rod to my knee. It took me 6 months before I was walking without some kind of aid like a cane. I don't think it healed right and threw off my gait. The leg with the broken hip seems shorter than the other.That might have contributed to the bunion.

Sorry, didn't mean to write a book. I would be very interested in anyone's experiences or if you know someone else's experiences. Thanks.

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville