SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lkalzamora100

hopefully close to my final layout

8 years ago

We have started our DIY kitchen. We have since discovered plumbing and HVAC in our pantry walls so have elected not to remove our corner pantry. So now it is time to redo my layout. I would really appreciate any comments on this version of my floor plan. I have learned so much from this forum, but I am not confident yet that I have the best plan.

I have cabinets on the left side resting on the counter with the hope that they will balance out the pantry on the right. The open shelves will likely be floating, either in white or reclaimed wood. Appliances purchased are 48 inch range and speed oven/microwave. I am looking into getting a counter depth fridge to have more room around the island. Wall and windows will be staying. Cabinets will likely be IKEA with custom doors.

Current issues that I can think of are as follows:

We will be adding a prep sink on the island near the fridge. Strongly considering a Kohler Stages 33 but am a little concerned if it is too big for the size of our island. What do you think?

Also my husband really wants to seat four at the island even though the kitchen table is on the other side of the island. One way to do it would be to have one seat in front of the sink, two facing the range and one seat in front of the fridge. My concerns with this plan is that isle width will be minimal when people are seated. Even with chairs pushed in when empty I am worried about tripping over the chair legs. Anyway to seat four that would be workable.

Where should I put the trash. I think we really have only room for one pullout so was thinking of placing on the island near the main sink.

Thank you all for the help you have given so far.

Lisa

Comments (15)