SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brittneysgran

OBF - QUESTIONNAIRE TEMPLATE 2016

brittneysgran
8 years ago

OBF MEMBERS-We are trying to make it easier for members to plan our swap boxes by knowing a little more about one another. Please copy and fill out your info and it can easily be found when someone needs it.

1. Please tell us a little about your gardening style, if you garden for sun, shade, water(pond), or other.

2. What type of plants do you have for trade?

3. What types of plants are you looking to add to you gardens?

4. Do you grow from seed?

5. Do you grow vegetables as well as flowering plants?

6. Is there a particular type plant you are looking for?

7. Is there a particular type of plant that you do not care to receive?

8. Are you into houseplants?

9. Outside of gardening, do you collect anything special?

10. Do you like garden junk/decor?

11. Tell us a little bit about your family - are you married, children/grandchildren? at home?

12. Any pets?

13. Aside from gardening, share a little bit about your hobbies.

14. Types of books/mags you enjoy?

15. What colors are your kitchen?

16. What is your favorite scent(s)?

17. Do you enjoy receiving food? Coffee, Tea? Any restrictions?

18. What size gloves do you wear?

19. Finally, share with us a little bit about yourself...

Shirley

Comments (23)

• brittneysgran
    Original Author
    8 years ago

1. Please tell us a little about your gardening style, if you garden for sun, shade, water(pond), or other. All three for me Sun, Shade and Water (Pond)

2. What type of plants do you have for trade? Daylilies, Bearded Irises, Japanese Irises, Siberian Irises, Louisiana Irises, Asiatic & Oriental Lilies, also check trade list.

3. What types of plants are you looking to add to you gardens? Perennials

4. Do you grow from seed? Yes

5. Do you grow vegetables as well as flowering plants? Some vegetables but I have 29 flower gardens

6. Is there a particular type plant you are looking for? Dwarf Cannas, Dwarf Sunflowers, New Pussy Willows (I have black, gray and pink ones), Named Daylilies and Irises that I don't have, Clematis, Vines & etc.

7. Is there a particular type of plant that you do not care to receive? I don't want anything invasive.

8. Are you into houseplants? No

9. Outside of gardening, do you collect anything special? Hummingbird feeders, Items for Fairy Gardens, Precious Moment Figurines, Greatest Stories Ever Told Figurines.

10. Do you like garden junk/decor? No

11. Tell us a little bit about your family - are you married, children/grandchildren? at home? Yes I am married, I have two children (Sheila and Steve) Two Grandchildren (Brittney and Dawson) none at home. My Daughter lives beside me and I love that.

12. Any pets? Two dogs (Zeuss and Hannah)

13. Aside from gardening, share a little bit about your hobbies. I love playing Volleyball and Croquet ( A friend of mine is building a Croquet court this Summer, super excited) I love to crochet and make crafts.

14. Types of books/mags you enjoy? Country, Birds & Blooms, Reminisce, Gardening.

15. What colors are your kitchen? Beige, Black

16. What is your favorite scent(s)? I can't use perfumes or lotions, I do like room deodorizers (apple, lemon, orange scents)

17. Do you enjoy receiving food? Coffee, Tea? Any restrictions? I now have restrictions on sweets so no foods

18. What size gloves do you wear? Gardening gloves size L

19. Finally, share with us a little bit about yourself... I got married young (17) and have been married 47 years. We moved to Atlanta, Ga. and lived there 13 years before moving back to my childhood home. All my family live here, two brothers, one sister and lots of Aunts, Uncles and Cousins. My Daughter Sheila got married and built her home on our land too. We have two Grandchildren that grew up right here beside us. Talk about in Heaven what a joy. I work at a Company that makes Hardwood Flooring and have been there 33 years. I am in Purchasing and Supply Room. I hope to retire very soon and spend my free time in my gardens.

Shirley

• EricaBraun
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

1. Please tell us a little about your gardening style, if you
    garden for sun, shade, water(pond), or other. I have a little bit of
    everything, from full sun to full shade.

2. What type of plants do you have for trade? I keep my trade list
    updated. Please check there to see what I have available at any given
    time.

3. What types of plants are you looking to add to you gardens? I'm
    always interested in anything odd, rare, medicinal, or edible.

4. Do you grow from seed? Absolutely.

5. Do you grow vegetables as well as flowering plants? I mostly
    grow edibles and herbs (both culinary and medicinal). I do grow some
    flowers, as well, but I have to be a little more picky with my space
    for those.

6. Is there a particular type plant you are looking for? I'm
    always interested in anything odd, rare, medicinal, or edible.

7. Is there a particular type of plant that you do not care to
    receive? Houseplants and/or succulents, unless they happen to be edible or medicinal.

8. Are you into houseplants? Nope. If you send me a houseplant,
    I'm sure to kill it. My idea of houseplants are those things I bring
    in for the winter, so they don't die outside. ;)

9. Outside of gardening, do you collect anything special? Crystals and colored gel pens.

10. Do you like garden junk/decor? Occasionally.

11. Tell us a little bit about your family - are you married,
    children/grandchildren? at home? I have a fantastic hubby and two fur
    babies.

12. Any pets? Two spoiled kitty cats.

13. Aside from gardening, share a little bit about your hobbies. I
    write and cook/bake/can.

14. Types of books/mags you enjoy? Anything related to herbs, foraging, or homesteading.

15. What colors are your kitchen? Pale blue and white.

16. What is your favorite scent(s)? Gardenia, vanilla, cinnamon, apple, lemon, coffee (I love the smell, even though I don't drink it).

I'm not a coffee drinker, but I do love tea (especially chai) and
    gourmet chocolate. I also love any homemade foodstuffs (baking,
    canning, chili powders, etc).

18. What size gloves do you wear? I don't. I'd rather get my hands
    filthy than wear gloves.

19. Finally, share with us a little bit about yourself... My
    favorite flower colors are black, purple, and blue. Basically, I like
    the cool colors. My favorite color combination is purple and lime
    green.

• Related Discussions

2016 January OBF Swap - Tips and Time-savers

Q

Comments (298)
    Sorry I have been missing for a few days. My husband and I were away in Virginia looking for a new home. This is our second trip. Our first was to decide where to live and this one was to look at houses. This past weekend made us realize this is the right decision for us. The state is absolutely beautiful and we even found a great log cabin. We are going to wait and see if it stays on the market while we finish up getting our house ready to list. If we lose it, there will be more but we are excited now to go ahead and make the move. I do want to thank some friends for some Happy Birthday greetings I received. Much thanks to Erica for her cute note and the stickers, the beautiful card from Melissa, and the cute card from Ruth along with a birthday dollar. How thoughtful of all of you. Many thanks. Margo
    ...See More

OBF Febuary :Bloom where you are planted

Q

Comments (160)
    I just want to say that I greatly appreciate everyone that has welcomed me but I want to say an extra thank you to skyblue52 -susan- for all her help and wonderful trade she did with me. From the start when I asked to join OBF Susan has ALWAYS answered all my questions, (no matter how goofy or how many.....and there were more then a few...lol), and she explained everything to me so I could get into March swap. She offered to do a trade with me and even explained all the steps to that. Being new at the gardening world I didn't have much to trade but even still she sent me seeds, seeds and more seeds!!! Even bags for storing my seeds, easter stickers, easter paper and a cute note! She definitely amazed me with what she sent me. Again I just want to say thank you to her for all her time and extra help and to everyone for letting me be a part of this wonderful world of OBF!!!! **AMBER**WOW!!!! U MADE MY DAY!!! THANK YOU!
    ...See More

GOTM - March- Laura

Q

Comments (31)
    I have it open again.. Only because I was going to restart it in April. But- if we don't get enough to participate (it's half full) then- MAY. I'll see in the AM... If ANYONE is interested in re-joining, starting with APRIL, post on the ORIGINAL swap. I'm trying to keep this going, because if I don't. It's going to fade away... such a good group, we can finally send LIVE things- so this should be a really "MUST DO" swap. But, it's up to all of you. During the cold months, we had to send- box stuffers. Now, we can actually make each box- to the person's interests (with plants) so it's another totally different swap. I know I love african violets (hint, hint) no one could send me them before, so see.. perfect box with a few AV's. AND supplies, or a garden bag, or ?? Houseplant cuttings, etc.. Nothing has to be duplicated- we can send pretty much anything as long as it's quality- kind of from the person's wish list (or we feel they will love it) or we want them to try to grow it.. The box is up to you. I know- all of you- will always make it special. We had a really great group. ON the new "APRIL" start for GOTM, I would love april. So- every month (5 months is open, Faye also joined) we also have someone new too, that has been watching the swap. SO- 3 so far. Need 3 more, that's all spots fill quickly (sometimes, LOL) let's see what happens by morning. And see if the swap fills... Or not.
    ...See More

OBF February Swap: A Blast From The Past

Q

Comments (208)
    Emily, Thank you for the wonderful package. I am sorry I didn't post sooner but we were out of town. I love the two vintage books: The Art of Carving and Helen Corbitt's Potluck. I already saw some recipes that I will be making. I love the fantastic seed collection that you sent and will be wintersowing these right away. Thank you also for the yummy treats: Lorna Doone cookies (love these) and yummy Lindor chocolates minus one (my son couldn't wait to try) Toberlone bar- Yum Yum Yum! I also love the tea's Irish breakfast, organic chamomile, english breakfast and Lemon Lane (great name) I look forward to a relaxing cup today after work! Also love the beautiful silver tube key! I have never seen one of those before so I will have to research it and find out more! I love everything Emily! Thank you again! Amy
    ...See More
  • gardengirl37232
    8 years ago

1. Please tell us a little about your gardening style, if you garden for sun, shade, water(pond), or other. I am Darwinian in my approach to gardening. I like things that are hardy and don't need to be coddled. I mostly garden heirloom edibles. I do shade and sun.

2. What type of plants do you have for trade? Canna, iris, garlic, blackberry, raspberry, fig, chives, mint.

3. What types of plants are you looking to add to you gardens? Heirloom edibles, unusual plants, named figs, unusual mints.

4. Do you grow from seed? Yes!

5. Do you grow vegetables as well as flowering plants? I grow primarily vegetables but grow a few flowering plants.

6. Is there a particular type plant you are looking for? I am looking for Siraitia grosvenorii. I am interested in Asian edibles and herbs.

7. Is there a particular type of plant that you do not care to receive? No.

8. Are you into houseplants? Most of my houseplants are things that cannot survive my winter but I want to grow, like my lime, begonia, coleus, and clivia plants.

9. Outside of gardening, do you collect anything special? Cookbooks, traditional cooking and baking implements, butter molds.

10. Do you like garden junk/decor? Depends on what it is.

11. Tell us a little bit about your family - are you married, children/grandchildren? at home? I live alone. I have two nephews.

12. Any pets? No.

13. Aside from gardening, share a little bit about your hobbies. I like to cook and bake. I like crafts but I am not that crafty. I am planning on getting into crocheting and knitting.

14. Types of books/mags you enjoy? Cookbooks and magazines. Gardening magazines (I think the Kitchen Gardener is the best gardening magazine ever. Too bad it stopped circulation long ago).

15. What colors are your kitchen? Stainless steel, mahogany and granite.

16. What is your favorite scent(s)? Lemon, vanilla

17. Do you enjoy receiving food? Coffee, Tea? Any restrictions? Yes, especially the homemade kind. Yes, I like coffee and tea. I do not like artificial sweeteners.

18. What size gloves do you wear? Medium.

19. Finally, share with us a little bit about yourself... I enjoyed watching Agatha Christie's Poirot and Miss Marple movies on PBS and am very sad they are over. I love the Great British Baking Show. I like watching America's Test Kitchen and Cook's Country. I recently bought a Sodastream and am looking forward to experimenting with different flavored sodas. My first was a ginger lemongrass soda I made with some lemongrass from my garden.

• Sakenya McDonald
    8 years ago

1. Please tell us a little about your
    gardening style, if you garden for sun, shade, water(pond), or other. Container gardening, shade and partial sun.

What type of plants do you have for trade? None
    at this time

What types of plants are you looking to add to you gardens? Fragrant and Exotic

4. Do
    you grow from seed? Yes

5. Do
    you grow vegetables as well as flowering plants? No

6. Is
    there a particular type plant you are looking for? Jasmine, Honeysuckle, Brugmansia

7. Is
    there a particular type of plant that you do not care to receive? No vegetables, I have plenty :)

Are you into houseplants? Yes

Outside of gardening, do you collect anything special? I love candles and incense or oils for my diffuser.

Do you like garden junk/decor? No,
    unless it’s small (container garden)

Tell us a little bit about your family - are you married,
    children/grandchildren? at home? Not married. Two sons, 18 and 20.

Any pets? No pets.

Aside from gardening, share a little bit about your hobbies. I like to read, travel, and I’m going to
    start photography this year.

Types of books/mags you enjoy? Historical,
    photography, steampunk. NO love or romance or spiritual.

What colors are your kitchen? No theme
    or set colors.

What is your favorite scent(s)? Soft
    florals (jasmine, gardenia) or citrus or warm spice (sandlewood, patchouli, smoky resins).

Do you enjoy receiving food? Coffee, Tea? Any restrictions? I drink coffee and tea. I love Ghiradelli’s
    Sea Salt Soiree or any combination of dark chocolate, fruit, and/or nuts. I don't like pumpkin or blueberry.

What size gloves do you wear? Small

Finally, share with us a little bit about yourself...Quality over quantity is my motto. I enjoy cultural things, not a fan
    of anything “mainstream” or “popular”. The more unique, quirky, or rare…the better. I also enjoy wine.

• canyonwind
    8 years ago

1. Please tell us a little about your gardening style, if you garden for sun, shade, water(pond), or other.......Sun and Shade

2. What type of plants do you have for trade? That depends on the time of year and the weather...LOL!

3. What types of plants are you looking to add to you gardens? I always love reseeders/self sowers, tropical, unusual succulents...love the ones that are textured to the touch, flowers that love drought conditions, flowers that will grow in lousy soil, tomatoes that love heat and that are productive(containers and in the ground).

4. Do you grow from seed? Yes, flowers and vegetables.

5. Do you grow vegetables as well as flowering plants? Yes

6. Is there a particular type plant you are looking for? Unusual....jade vine, ornamental oregano, a gardenia that won't die, a jalapeno pepper that is productive

7. Is there a particular type of plant that you do not care to receive? Nothing invasive.

No cactus...have enough.

8. Are you into houseplants? Not much anymore...I got rid of most of them....I do have succulents, Christmas Cactus and a few others. But I think I might try growing some orchids again.

9. Outside of gardening, do you collect anything special? I used to collect crystal, china, Belleck, sterling silver pieces, Royal Doulton figurines, Lladro but I have enough of it now. Now, I look for German Shepherd and Labrador Retriever figurines. I love White House ornaments too.

10. Do you like garden junk/decor? Yes

11. Tell us a little bit about your family - are you married, children/grandchildren? at home? Married almost 31 years, no children except for the guy I am married too and my beloved canines.

12. Any pets? My beloved canines....German Shepherd and Black Lab. As my vision is poor, the lab is my seeing eye dog...truly. She is # 3 for me. My first two seeing eye dogs were German Shepherds but the school stopped using them...thus a black Lab for me.

13. Aside from gardening, share a little bit about your hobbies....A few things I enjoy.....Cooking, Canning, Mosaic tile, sports, camping, hiking, traveling, crocheting, Wine tasting, swimming, politics (political junkie here), playing slot machines, horseracing, checking out old cemetaries (so much history), entering cooking contests. I love having FUN!

14. Types of books/mags you enjoy? I only have a little vision in one eye (and the other eye...nothing). I can not read the print, regardless of the size. My computer has talking software.....Read lots on tape/audio (bios, novels ect).....I kill two birds with one stone as I can read and do something else at the same time..... So no books/magazines in print....

15. What colors are your kitchen? Wedgewood Blue, Red with Blueish Black Granite and black/stainless appliances

16. What is your favorite scent(s)? Lemon, Lime, Vanilla, Coffee

17. Do you enjoy receiving food? Coffee, Tea? Any restrictions?.... Love coffee...Drink tea sometimes, however attempting to drink more of it. I grow fruit but do not enjoy eating it in any way, shape or form...LOL!. Love Nuts big time. Enjoy chocolate with nuts (and no fruit) but don't eat that much of it. When I receive any kind of chocolate/sweet thing from swaps ect, my husband always beats me to it.

18. What size gloves do you wear? M-L

19. Finally, share with us a little bit about yourself.....I am an R.N but not working due to my vision..............I am with Sakenya, I love my vino. It is good for the soul! And yes, it keeps me sane too....LOL!
    Born and raised for the most in Orange County in Southern California.....true paradise (from a weather stand point only). Life is good......

Annie

• mcc371
    8 years ago

1. Please tell us a little about your gardening style, if you garden for sun, shade, water(pond), or other. Sun, Shade, water (aquaponics). I mainly container garden. I have a greenhouse. I don't sow much in the ground except melons, blackeye peas and my fruit trees.

2. What type of plants do you have for trade? Depends- see my trade list

3. What types of plants are you looking to add to you gardens? honeysuckle, tropical, more herbs.

6. Is there a particular type plant you are looking for? Not really

7. Is there a particular type of plant that you do not care to receive? No cactus, succulents or anything invasive.

8. Are you into houseplants? Yes

9. Outside of gardening, do you collect anything special? Frogs, Ladybugs, Western Decor

11. Tell us a little bit about your family - are you married, children/grandchildren? at home? Married to Jay for 29 years, 2 sons and a daughter ( all grown up), we have a grandson and a granddaughter plus one grandkitty....

12. Any pets? Blue and Gold macaw parrot- Harley, Welsh Corgi- Sally Mae, and a Coon cat -Jazz

13. Aside from gardening, share a little bit about your hobbies. My husband circle dirt track races (cars), other than my greenhouse gardening, racing and grandkids not much time left for anything except work to pay for it all.

14. Types of books/mags you enjoy? Pioneer, Mother Earth news, Farmers Almanac, Any mags about living off grid, Taste of Home. Canning, Gardening,

15. What colors are your kitchen? Bright colors, ladybug curtains, stainless steel,

16. What is your favorite scent(s)? Gardenia, Jasmine, scent of red roses, sweet pea from bath and body works.

17. Do you enjoy receiving food? Coffee, Tea? Any restrictions? No coffee or sweets. I drink tea, water and Dr pepper.

18. What size gloves do you wear? Large

19. Finally, share with us a little bit about yourself... I am a Director for an assisted Living. I enjoy working with the elderly. In my sparetime, I like to do garden swaps and also organize fun garden swaps, crafts with photos and canning from my gardens. I enjoy spending time with our kids and grandbabies. On the weekends from Feb.-November we are usually at a race track. I like to keep busy but enjoy the simple things in life.

Have a Beautiful Day Everyone!

Tammy

• amybabyboy3
    8 years ago

1. Please tell us a little about your gardening style, if you garden for sun, shade, water(pond), or other. I mainly have sun with one shady side of the yard. I am really going to try and have a great veggie garden for us this year. I hope to have enough to can, last years garden was not good.

2. What type of plants do you have for trade? on trade list

3. What types of plants are you looking to add to you gardens? lots of fresh veggies, medicinal herbs and culinary herbs

4. Do you grow from seed? yes!

5. Do you grow vegetables as well as flowering plants? Both, I am hoping to have a lot of edible flowers this year

6. Is there a particular type plant you are looking for? edibles or easy, drought tolerant flowers

7. Is there a particular type of plant that you do not care to receive? houseplants

8. Are you into houseplants? No I usually end up killing them

9. Outside of gardening, do you collect anything special? no

10. Do you like garden junk/decor? yes

11. Tell us a little bit about your family - are you married, children/grandchildren? at home? I am married and have 5 boys. The youngest is 13 and the oldest is 27. I also have a 6 year old grandson. My 15 year old is going to be having major back surgery in February and would appreciate your prayers.

12. Any pets? Three kitties

13. Aside from gardening, share a little bit about your hobbies. I mainly garden. It is hard to find time for other things at this time but I do love to scrapbook and do crafts that are not real time consuming.

14. Types of books/mags you enjoy? gardening magazines especially with a cottage theme

15. What colors are your kitchen? white, its a small galley style kitchen so not really that appealing.

16. What is your favorite scent(s)? cinnamon and apple

17. Do you enjoy receiving food? Coffee, Tea? Any restrictions? yes, love organic coffee, tea and dark chocolate, especially dark chocolate covered chocolate

18. What size gloves do you wear? medium

19. Finally, share with us a little bit about yourself... I am from Florida but now live in Georgia. I miss my family back in Florida and wish we saw each other more often. All our children are in Georgia now so I think we will probably stay here. I work and love to garden when not working. I am so thankful for all the garden friends I have met on here!

• nottougly
    8 years ago

1. Please tell us a
    little about your gardening style, if you garden for sun, shade, water(pond),
    or other. I garden in the sun and the
    shade and in a greenhouse.

2. What type of
    plants do you have for trade?

3. What types of
    plants are you looking to add to you gardens? I would like to add plants to my
    fairy garden or any Native American plants including trees.

4. Do you grow from
    seed? Yes I grow from seeds but only flowers and herbs. I do not do so good
    growing vegetables from seed. My husband does that very well.

5. Do you grow
    vegetables as well as flowering plants? No vegetables

6. Is there a
    particular type plant you are looking for? Cactus and succulents

7. Is there a
    particular type of plant that you do not care to receive? Trees unless it is an
    ornamental.

8. Are you into
    houseplants? Yes I really like houseplants.

9. Outside of
    gardening, do you collect anything special? I collect stamps and coins

10. Do you like
    garden junk/decor? Yes

11. Tell us a little
    bit about your family - are you married, children/grandchildren? at home? I
    have been married since 1996. I still live in the home I was born and raised
    in. The house was built in 1931 by my grandparents. I have no children or
    grandchildren but plenty of nieces and nephews to make up for it.

12. Any pets? I have
    a cat whos name is Spot because he thinks he is a dog.

13. Aside from
    gardening, share a little bit about your hobbies. Working at Amazon and
    gardening take up my time so I don't have room for anything else.

14. Types of
    books/mags you enjoy? James Patterson is my favorite writer.

15. What colors are
    your kitchen? Yellow and terracotta and occasionally a little red thrown in.

16. What is your
    favorite scent(s)? Musk

17. Do you enjoy
    receiving food? Coffee, Tea? Any restrictions? Coffee but not tea. No
    restrictions.

18. What size gloves
    do you wear? Size small.

19. Finally, share
    with us a little bit about yourself… I live in Cleveland TN which is 35 miles north of Chattanooga TN. There is no where else on earth like TN. My grandmother is a full blooded Cherokee
    Indian from Cherokee NC. Boy did she have a temper! That is one reason I am
    into Native American gardening.

• skyblue52
    8 years ago

Please tell us a little about your gardening style, if you garden for sun, shade, water(pond), or other. I am full sun. I love color. This also applies to my heirloom tomato growing. Love the colors.

2. What type of plants do you have for trade? I trade mostly bulbs and reseeders flowers.

3. What types of plants are you looking to add to you gardens? I want reseeders that add color in the summer. I don't mind weeding out to much. That is when I am busy with my vegetables.

4. Do you grow from seed? Oh yes. I don't take it personal. If it doesn't grow on to something else.

5. Do you grow vegetables as well as flowering plants? I grow it all.

6. Is there a particular type plant you are looking for? Dahlias. gotta love their blooms.

7. Is there a particular type of plant that you do not care to receive? No ferns or hostas.

8. Are you into houseplants? Not really I am always tring to overwinter or start seed. Doesn't leave much window room.

9. Outside of gardening, do you collect anything special? FRogs, solar items, and bunnies

10. Do you like garden junk/decor? Been known to recycle

11. Tell us a little bit about your family - are you married, children/grandchildren? at home? I have been married 3 times I have been married to my husband 28 years. He had 3 young sons,and 2 businesses. After we got married, I answered phones during the day for him then worked at a resturant for the health insurance. With his 2 ex wifes working for him ,we all got along great. So I was accepted in as part of the support system. . We worked hard and reached our fincinail goals in 5 years. He sold his businesses and started daytrading. I kept working at the restaurant for 24 years to keep us with health insurance. With our planning I was able to quit working at 57. I am still a little crazy about health insurance. But we owe no one and live below our income. I have 6 grandchildren and a great grandchild on the way. Life has been full because I also have 4 brothers and my mom and and are still here .

12- Any pets ? I have a 13 year old cat,maybe older, named Jake. He has out lived 2 others we got around the same time.

13- aside from gardening what are you hobbies? I sew,mostly because I am petite ,5 ft. . I love to refinish or repaint anything to give it my special touch. Cooking, but I always have to go that extra mile to make it look special, food art. Canning started 2 years ago. I have been extreme couponing since 2000. I used to sell at my work. But now with not working, I donate and supply family members. My husband and I love county fairs and all sports. That comes from having his 3 sons every weekend.

14- Any types of books? I still get Oprha, love her insight. Only magazines now. Spend my reading time on the laptop.

15- what colors are your kitchen? I have a contempery home. After 10 years of country. I have maroons, with grays and golds. My wood is light oak with gold accents. My appliances are black. My kitchaid mixer

is chrome with black cover. LOVE IT First thing I got when I retired.

16- Favorite scent - I always buy Pink by Victoria secret. But in my home apple, spice,. Bathrooms lemon, wheatgrass. Bedroom Caramel toffee.

17- Do you like receiving food? Oh yes . I love flavored coffees and teas. And white chocolate is my first choice.

18-What size gloves do you wear? Small

19- Share something about yourself. I have not found what I an called to do after retiring. Enjoying being close to my husband and family, and sleeping till 10. Life might start over at 60 for me. That gives me 2 more years .

I hope I didn't ramble on my husband needs his stock report. Have a great day. Susan

• dm_kelly
    8 years ago

1. Please tell us a little about your gardening style, if you garden for sun, shade, water(pond), or other. All of the above. Most of my yard is sun or part sun but the west yard and under the deck are both shade. I also have a little pond that I dug two years ago but I haven't quite figured out the plant thing yet.

2. What type of plants do you have for trade? Mostly irises. A lot of them are are from my mom and named but I don't know the names. I'm sure there are other things but a lot of them are quite common.

3. What types of plants are you looking to add to you gardens? Flowers that add color, are fairly easy to grow, and not attractIve to wildlife. I also grow a large veggie garden full of things to eat and can.

6. Is there a particular type plant you are looking for? Edibles and plants that are drought tolerant and like horrible soil.

7. Is there a particular type of plant that you do not care to receive? Can't think of any. I'll try it all

8. Are you into houseplants? Sort off. I have more orchids than any sane person and I'm constantly bringing home the half dead clearance plants. I only have a 50/50 average saving those.

9. Outside of gardening, do you collect anything special? Frogs, sunflowers, chickens, glass and crystal, recipes

11. Tell us a little bit about your family - are you married, children/grandchildren? at home? Yes for almost thirty years. Almost every evening in the summer we have a short date that involves a glass of wine and wandering around the "farm" checking out the new growth on the plants. Together we have a married son (27), a married daughter (25), and a younger daughter (21). No grandchildren but we have a granddog, two grandkitties, and a bunch of grandfish.

12. Any pets? Yes, Zach, a sweet 10 year old rescue black lab we adopted two years ago (neglected and had heart worms and now cancer), DAC, a horrible little rescue cat that I love dearly (but don't tell him), and at the moment, 12 spoiled chickens (I saw baby chicks at IFA yesterday so the yearning for more has started)

13. Aside from gardening, share a little bit about your hobbies. During the school year, I really don't do much in the way of hobbies other than cooking. During the summer I read, travel, sew, and can. I've also been known to take on home improvement projects.

14. Types of books/mags you enjoy? That's a hard one. I don't read as much as I used to but I still enjoy a good book or a magazine with good ideas.

15. What colors are your kitchen? Brown and blue but I hope it's gone soon. The kitchen is the last major renovation we need to do.

16. What is your favorite scent(s)? Apple and cinnamon or a light floral

17. Do you enjoy receiving food? Coffee, Tea? Any restrictions? Both coffee and tea. Yes to food but I have a preservative and/or dye allergy so I don't eat heavily processed foods or a lot of sugar but I do make an exception for good chocolate

18. What size gloves do you wear? large

19. Finally, share with us a little bit about yourself... I teach and have done so for 23 years. I was raised in Virginia but moved to Utah many years ago and have been in this house for 17 years. At this point, I really can't imagine living anywhere else although with the kids all grown up and moved away, I think about it more and more. Guess I have 7 years to decide...

Dawn

• sandlapper_rose
    8 years ago

Please tell us a little about your gardening style, if you garden for
    sun, shade, water(pond), or other. Simple to grow plants able to
    deal with hot summers, many of my plants are grown in containers at
    this point. - I like to grow interesting herbs like scented geraniums
    and those with variegated foliage.

What type of plants do you have for trade? I try to root plants in
    mid-summer and will be happy to share those.

What types of plants are you looking to add to you gardens? See
    #1.

Do you grow from seed? Yes

Do you grow vegetables as well as flowering plants? Yes
    (Concerning both, nothing poisonous, invasive, or that grows too
    large)

Is there a particular type plant you are looking for? Indoor
    Begonias

Is there a particular type of plant that you do not care to receive?
    Have very limited space for houseplants so I prefer outdoor
    plants.

Are you into houseplants? See # 6 and 7

Outside of gardening, do you collect anything special? I've tried
    to stop collecting items but I do “collect” lots of seeds

Do you like garden junk/decor? I enjoy gnomes (the cute ones not
    the zombie like ones) and Fairy Garden Items – please no wind
    chimes!

children/grandchildren? at home? Married and both daughters are
    married and live out of state – blessed with triplet grandsons on
    the west coast and a granddaughter on the east coast.

Any pets? Dog (Sidney), Cat (Hershey) and 2 horses (Piper and
    Lyric)

Aside from gardening, share a little bit about your hobbies.
    Genealogy, Quilting/Sewing, Card Making, Writing, Time Spent with My
    Pets

Types of books/mags you enjoy? Quick to read fiction – light
    mystery or time travel are favorites – Magazines: gardening or
    anything related to quilting or card making (paper crafts)

What colors are your kitchen? What I call "Pistachio Green" using
    copper items for accent

What is your favorite scent(s)? Coffee, Vanilla, Mint, Grapefruit,
    Lemon (nothing floral please – even with flowers I try for the
    unscented ones)

Do you enjoy receiving food? Coffee, Tea? Any restrictions? Yes,
    however, I prefer unflavored coffee and black tea such as Lipton or
    English Breakfast Tea. Candy, jam, etc. appreciated in smaller quantities.

What size gloves do you wear? Medium? (Seldom wear garden gloves
    unless I am dealing with rose bushes or other thorny plants)

Finally, share with us a little bit about yourself... I've been
    involved in the Round Robin groups for many years and really enjoy
    them. Obviously I love getting to see my daughters and their families
    since we don't live near each other.

• uptreasa
    8 years ago

1. Please tell us a little about your gardening style, if you garden for sun, shade, water(pond), or other. Sun, shade.

2. What type of plants do you have for trade? a variety

3. What types of plants are you looking to add to you gardens? zone 4.

6. Is there a particular type plant you are looking for? Dahlias, Oriental Lilies, bulbs

7. Is there a particular type of plant that you do not care to receive? Invasive

8. Are you into houseplants? Yes

9. Outside of gardening, do you collect anything special? I like sunflower things

10. Do you like garden junk/decor? It depends

11. Tell us a little bit about your family - are you married, children/grandchildren? at home? Married, two children, two grandchildren

12. Any pets? Just some chickens and honeybees

13. Aside from gardening, share a little bit about your hobbies. Church, genealogy, weave rugs, cooking, canning, baking, entering county fairs, essential oils

14. Types of books/mags you enjoy? Garden books

15. What colors are your kitchen? Blue, green

16. What is your favorite scent(s)? No perfume

17. Do you enjoy receiving food? Coffee, Tea? Any restrictions? I don't drink coffee, tea, or pop. Medicinal herb tea, yes. I don't care for candy or sweets.

18. What size gloves do you wear? I prefer bare hands but wear medium.

• cinnie0 (z 9b / So Cal)
    8 years ago

1. Please tell us a little about your gardening style, if you garden for
    sun, shade, water(pond), or other.

I do container
    gardening. Very hot and sunny

Not
    sure at athe moment, it looks like I lost a lot of my bulbs/plants during my
    move.

Tropical,

yes

yes

Brugs, lilies, dahlias,

invasive

Not really

Pens…….

It depends on
    what it is

11. Tell us a little bit about your family - are you married,
    children/grandchildren? at home?

I am single, have 2
    grown kids, and an adorable granddaughter who I babysit every day.

12. Any pets?

2 cats

I enjoy coloring, reading and playing on the internet.

Fantasy, horror,
    romance, adult coloring books

Right now I am in
    the middle of moving and will be changing things up a bit. Not sure for now.

vanilla,
    hazelnut, butterscotch, cinnamon, lemon grass is becoming a new fave.

Sure but I hate raisins, and coconut, and don’t care too much
    for dark chocolate.

Who needs
    gloves. Bare hands for me.

19. Finally, share with us a little bit about yourself..

.Wow. I hate this question. Lol. Not so much to tell I take care of my
    granddaughter 13 hours a day while my daughter goes to work and school and I also
    take care of my mother who got sick a few years ago. I am a computer nerd. I love to read and have
    recently taken up adult coloring to relieve stress and relax.

• Amber Edgar
    8 years ago

1. Please tell us a little about your gardening style, if you garden for sun, shade, water(pond), or other. ** I HAVE SUN AND SHADE, WOULD LOVE FOR A POND BUT DONT HAVE THE SPACE**

2. What type of plants do you have for trade? ** I AM NEW AT THE GARDENING THING SO I DONT HAVE ANY PLANTS, I HAVE ALOT OF SEEDS AND IM ALWAYS COLLECTING MORE**

3. What types of plants are you looking to add to you gardens? ** ANYTHING THAT IS VIBRANT, COLORFUL AND UNIQUE.**

4. Do you grow from seed? **ABSOLUTLEY, ACTUALLY ALMOST EVERYTHING I HAVE IS FROM SEED**

5. Do you grow vegetables as well as flowering plants? ** NOT ALOT BUT I WILL TRY A FEW THIS YEAR, ID LOVE TO GROW PUMPKINS FOR MY KIDS BUT DONT HAVE THE ROOM.**

6. Is there a particular type plant you are looking for? **ANYTHING COLORFUL AND UNIQUE, ID LOVE TO SEE IF I COULD GROW ORCHIDS AND THAT BEAUTIFUL CHRISMA AMRYILLIS SUE HAS ON COMMENTS.**

7. Is there a particular type of plant that you do not care to receive? **NOTHING INVASIVE, NOTHING THAT CLIMBS, NOTHING THAT ATTRACTS ALOT OF BEES, NO HOSTAS.**

8. Are you into houseplants? **SOME, I LOVE ORCHIDS.**

9. Outside of gardening, do you collect anything special? **PRECIOUS MOMENTS FIGURES, ANGELS, BUTTERFLIES, PHOTO FRAMES OF ANY KIND.**

10. Do you like garden junk/decor? **SOME THINGS, DEPENDING ON WHAT IT IS AND HOW BIG IT IS**

11. Tell us a little bit about your family - are you married, children/grandchildren? at home? ** I AM ENGAGED IVE BEEN WITH MY FIANCE FOR ALMOST 4 YEARS, WE HAVE 2 CHILDREN-- A GIRL (ANGEL)-4YRS OLD, & A BOY (CAMERON)-ALSO 4YRS OLD. NONE TOGETHER YET BUT WE ARE HOPEFUL FOR ONE OR TWO IN THE FUTURE!!**

12. Any pets? **WE HAVE AN AWESOME KITTY-(CUDDLEBUG) 1YR OLD, WE RESCUED HIM FROM AN ABUSIVE HOUSEAND A TURTLE WITH 3 LEGS WE FOUND ON A NATURE WALK AT OUR OLD HOME (MOMMA)- AGE UNKNOWN.**

13. Aside from gardening, share a little bit about your hobbies.** I LOVE SCRAPBOOKING AND CRAFTS. PHOTOS OF FAMILY AND MEMORIES ARE MY LIFE!! I LOVE TO TAKE OUR KIDS TO HOME DEPOT ON SATURDAYS, THEY HAVE A WORKSHOP WHERE THE KIDS GET TO BUILD THINGS SO WE DO THAT TOGETHER. ANYTHING THAT HAS TO DO WITH FUN AND MY FAMILY IM IN!! **

14. Types of books/mags you enjoy? **ANY KIND HOME IMPROVEMENT, CRAFTING, BETTER HOMES AND GARDENS, RECIPIES, MARTHA STEWART, ETC. **

15. What colors are your kitchen? **ITS NOT MY KITCHEN BUT THE ONE I HAD WAS BUTTERFLIES AND PASTELS. **

16. What is your favorite scent(s)? ** I LOVE LILAC, LAVANDER, SOFT FLORALS, FRUITY, BODY BY VICTORIA & VERY SEXY ARE MY FAVORITE PERFUMES **

17. Do you enjoy receiving food? Coffee, Tea? Any restrictions? ** I LOVE TEA OF ALL KINDS EXCEPT PEACH, NO COFFEE AND NO CHOCOLATE, LOVE ANYTHING STRAWBERRY. **

18. What size gloves do you wear? ** SMALL**

19. Finally, share with us a little bit about yourself... ** I AM 31, IVE BEEN WITH THE LOVE OF MY LIFE/SOULMATE FOR 4 YRS NOW, WE WERE WELL ON OUR WAY TO STARTIING OUR LIVES, WE OWNED OUR OWN COMPANY, NEW HOME, GREAT KIDS & TRYING FOR ONE TOGETHER, THEN THE ECONOMY FELL AND WE LOST OUR COMPANY AND OUR HOME. SO WE NOW LIVE WITH MY MOTHER-IN-LAW, WE ARE TRYING TO GET OURSELVES BACK UP ON OUR FEET AND START OUR BUSINESS AGAIN, ITS VERY HARD STARTING FROM SCRATCH AGAIN BUT NO MATTER WHAT HAS HAPPENED WE HAVENT LOST OUR FAITH IN THE LORD AND THROUGH HIM ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE. I SPEND MOST OF MY TIME DOING THINGS WITH MY FAMILY AND TRYING TO BE THE BEST MOMMY AND COMPANION I CAN BE. I TRY TO RAISE MY KIDS WITH GOOD MORALS AND VALUES AND TRY TO DO BETTER FOR MY KIDS THEN I HAD. I AM TRULY BLESSED BY THE LORD TO HAVE SUCH A TERRIFIC FAMILY AND I THANK HIM EVERYDAY FOR THE WONDERFUL LIFE HE HAS BESTOED UPON ME!!! **

• lorabell_gw
    8 years ago

1. Please tell us a little about your gardening style, if you garden for sun, shade, water(pond), or other.

*My garden style would be potager- in my front yard- sun and shade. No water feature.

*Different types of succulents and cactus, begonias, salvias, warm weather garlics, turmeric. I'm a propagater so I always have duplicates of favorites.

*Funny how I always seem to find more 'must haves'! Love my flowers but I'm definitely into growing super foods.

*Absolutely.

*Yes! I'm a year round gardener and my veggie garden is a major source of food for us. I'm a bit crazy when it comes to eating and providing organic produce for my family.

*Unusual or new varieties

*Invasive for my zone 7-8 growing area

*I am.

*I don't.

*Solar items.

11. Tell us a little bit about your family - are you married, children/grandchildren? at home?

*Married 36 years, have two daughters that each live within 5 miles of us. Son in England. Will be having grandbaby # 11 this July.

12. Any pets?

*A cat that lives outside and eats my voles! I love my cat but he isn't allowed inside as we have our house USDA inspected for Jams, Baked goods , etc.

We also have 25 chickens ' the girls' and 10 or so ducks - for eggs.

*I run a craft business, handmade soaps, wood signage, cards , etc, so those are NOT my hobbies! My passion other then gardening is travel - and the gym!

*I never seems to have much time for reading....

*Burgandy

*Lavender, lemongrass, natural scents.

*Sadly, lots of restrictions plus I don't do coffee or tea. I'm OK with WINE though!ha

* Med-Lrg

*About me?

I'd be vegan if it wasn't for bacon and salami.

I like volunteering garden style. Am a master gardener volunteer and enjoy attending symposiums, the plant sales, and beautifying the extension. My daughter and I also 'do' the elementary school garden.

We are remodeling our big-old-house. This week we finished the new plumbing and installed leafless rain gutters. In April - run all new electric. November, gut the kitchen!

In my spare time, I help with the husband (disabled vet- injured in Iraq)

• Melinda Hagen
    8 years ago

Can't get this to copy, so will just answer questions.

1. Have shade and sun gardens. Also veggie and herb gardens

2. I have lilies, iris, daylilies, hosta,-some named, many lost labels before started with metal labels. Many other things depending on type of year it is. Also lots of Hellebores (Lenton Roses), sedum, daffs, limelight artemesis (invasive), gooseneck loosestrife (invasive).

3.More daylilies, iris,lilies, hibiscus, shade plants, native plants, phlox. Really anything that is hardy here. Also like to have gas plant and obedient plants, red coreopsis.

4. Definitely grow from seed.

5 Yes, I always do veggies. Love heirloom plants, tomatoes, greens, winter squashes, and veggie really

1. Any daylily, iris, lily,hosta, shade plants, native plants, phlox, obedient plants, variegated plants, clematis
    2. No cactus or invasive plants

8. I collect tons of things--- tea pots, mini tea sets, bird things (birds, pics,etc.), glassware, unusual rocks,marbles, cookbooks,material.Love it all!

1. I have some houseplants, but don't have a lot. Would like lipstick plant, curly spider plant, money plant,

10. Yes, I love garden art. Windchimes, etc.

11, I am widow with 2 grown children. Son has a dgt. and my dgt. has 3 boys. I usually keep the youngest who will be 14 soon. I am fixing to be a great grandmother to a baby boy by my oldest grandson who is 20. I am thrilled. Had no babies around for 13 years and can't wait. Another week or so and Baby Jagger will be here!

12. I have cats

13.As for hobbies, I love to quilt and sew, love cooking, like hiking and going to woods a lot, do some other crafts but not often. Do read a lot.

1. I love Birds and Blooms, Garden Gate and any other gardening magazines and books. Also love romance, drama, etc. Like Nora Roberts, Danielle Steele, Fern Michaels. Many others.

15. White and black with chicken accents.

16.Musky scents, floral scents,honeysuckle, vanilla, many others, just don't like leather smells

17. Love foods. Esp. chocolate, and chocolate with nuts or anything else. Love spice drops. Love teas, don't do coffee. Earl Grey, Chai, Egyptian Licorice, any others.

18. med or large

19. Like I said I was widowed at 42 and am still single.Spend alot of time with my family. Love church. Go for long walks on creeks and woods when health allows. I try to put up as much food as I can during the summer. Quilt often in the winter and read a lot. My garden is a hodge podge of many things, esp weeds. Was unable to work in yards last year due to health issues which I hope are now resolved due to heart surgery in January. So have tons of moving and cleaning to do. Take care of my 13 year old grandson (Love my dgt but she has issues). I also take care of my step father who is a heavy drinker and has rheumatoid arthritis. Quite a job some days. Love to go to my grandson's football games,but not sure if he'll be able to play this year as he has some health issues from 2 years ago that are not resolved, so will be going back with him to Little Rock children's hospital soon and hopefully this time get some answers. But thankful daily for my life and all my friends in it!

• bluee19
    8 years ago

1. Please tell us a little about your gardening style, if you garden for sun, shade, water(pond), or other. (Sun and shade)

2. What type of plants do you have for trade? (succulents since they multiply so fast)

3. What types of plants are you looking to add to you gardens? (variety of sunflowers and oriental lillies)

4. Do you grow from seed? (yes)

5. Do you grow vegetables as well as flowering plants? (yes, especially cherry size tomatoes of various colors)

6. Is there a particular type plant you are looking for? (variety of bulbs such as oriental lilies and variety of plumerias and roses)

7. Is there a particular type of plant that you do not care to receive? (invasive)

8. Are you into houseplants? (yes, would like to try some that will help the air to be cleaner in my house)

9. Outside of gardening, do you collect anything special? (wall decals, etc)

10. Do you like garden junk/decor? (solar lights but anything else, have too much already)

11. Tell us a little bit about your family - are you married, children/grandchildren? at home? (married, one boy (5 yrs), and one girl (8 yrs)

12. Any pets? (use to have two finches, both passed away within the last month :(, need to go buy some more)

13. Aside from gardening, share a little bit about your hobbies. (interlocking jigsaw puzzles, playing words with friends/word streak on ipad, love retail therapy (who doesn't right), nature walks, spending time with my hubby/kids, and doing kindness forward)

14. Types of books/mags you enjoy? (romance books but no time to read like I use to back in the day)

15. What colors are your kitchen? (white and beige)

16. What is your favorite scent(s)? (lemon, strawberry, cherry)

17. Do you enjoy receiving food? Coffee, Tea? Any restrictions? (love instant coffee like folgers, no sweet flavor teas)

18. What size gloves do you wear? (medium)

19. Finally, share with us a little bit about yourself... (I realize life is so fragile with three deaths in my family within two years so you just try to appreciate the simpliest things in life and try to make the most of each day.)

• SoLovelyLily
    8 years ago

1. Please tell us a little about your gardening style, if you garden for sun, shade, water(pond), or other. See 19

2. What type of plants do you have for trade? Updated Trade list on Houzz

3. What types of plants are you looking to add to you gardens? Shade, edibles, named Iris, Daylilies, others are listed on Updated list on Houzz

4. Do you grow from seed? Yes, and I also enjoy winter sowing, I start some seeds indoors but mostly use recycling containers for winter sowing outside.

5. Do you grow vegetables as well as flowering plants? Yes, edibles, annuals, perennials.

6. Is there a particular type plant you are looking for? See Updated Houzz List

7. Is there a particular type of plant that you do not care to receive? Begonias, Roses, Milkweed

8. Are you into houseplants? I do have a few houseplants, but I have not expanded into this area as of yet.

9. Outside of gardening, do you collect anything special? Turtles, milk glass/hobnail, vintage christmas ornaments, french decor/vintage french

10. Do you like garden junk/decor? No

11. Tell us a little bit about your family - are you married, children/grandchildren? at home? Married, 3 adult daughters.

12. Any pets? One very personable Ginger cat named Morris who thinks he is a dog

13. Aside from gardening, share a little bit about your hobbies. Crafter, Photographer, Website Designer, Registered Nurse, social media guru, enjoy the beach, active at our church,

14. Types of books/mags you enjoy? Gardening, Cooking Light, Cookbooks

15. What colors are your kitchen? White, Gray, Soft Florals

16. What is your favorite scent(s)? Do not like strong scents, fresh, or natural scent is ok like lavender. No perfume or scented lotions. I can only use products for sensitive skin.

17. Do you enjoy receiving food? Coffee, Tea? Any restrictions? Yes, I do like to receive tea, and decaf coffee, love french vanilla, chai, mocha, or English breakfast need to have decaf. Dove Milk Chocolates, candy kisses, jelly belly jelly beans all good :)

18. What size gloves do you wear? Large

19. Finally, share with us a little bit about yourself... Small Business Owner, Gardener, Crafter, Photographer, Website Designer, Mom & Registered Nurse; as an Avid gardener for over 25 years I recently left Upstate NY to move back to my hometown of Coastal NC leaving behind 10 acres of my plant babies, only brought a few with me thought starting fresh would be best. So I am slowly building again in our new home a much smaller space only .6 of an acre, much more shade. So I am hoping to create a shade garden with a cottage feel, an herb garden, and a grass & butterfly garden for the back of my lot that receives the most sun. Open to most seed and plant trades as I am trying to expand. Thank you to everyone who has helped me thus far your help is greatly appreciated, God Bless, Kim

• ishareflowers {Lisa}
    8 years ago

1. Please tell us a little about your gardening style, if you garden for sun, shade, water(pond), or other. I have sun,shade and dappled. I love anything variegated and colors other than green foliage plants.

2. What type of plants do you have for trade? I have a bit of everything under the sun.

3. What types of plants are you looking to add to you gardens? non invasives

5. Do you grow vegetables as well as flowering plants? No

6. Is there a particular type plant you are looking for? The ones I'm currently hunting for are crambe maritime{sea kale}, var. ginger and variegated plantain. I'm always open for any plants with angel, Debbie, Lance, Larry and Jim in the name. I have others on my trade list.

7. Is there a particular type of plant that you do not care to receive? invasives

8. Are you into houseplants? No

9. Outside of gardening, do you collect anything special? not really, I do like owls and frogs though.

10. Do you like garden junk/décor? Not so much,

11. Tell us a little bit about your family - are you married, children/grandchildren? at home? I'm married, mom of 2 grown children who are on their own. I have 1 grandson.

12. Any pets?2/3 dogs

13. Aside from gardening, share a little bit about your hobbies. I do some woodworking for fun.

14. Types of books/mags you enjoy? gardening

15. What colors are your kitchen? blue, green, orange and tan

16. What is your favorite scent(s)? NON food scents.

17. Do you enjoy receiving food? Coffee, Tea? Any restrictions? Decaf coffee for me. The darker the roast the better. I'm trying to down size and have lots of food allergies so food items will just kill my diet...lol I do enjoy a gourmet pop/sucker once in a while.

18. What size gloves do you wear? med/large

19. Finally, share with us a little bit about yourself. I've been a serious gardener for the last 8 or so years. I'm running out of space but I love swapping plants.

• PaperFinch
    7 years ago

Please tell us a little about your gardening style, if you garden for sun,
    shade, water(pond), or other. I have a 1/2-acre urban homestead. Fruit trees
    and raised bed vegetable gardens in the front yard (full sun), and
    medicinal/culinary herb and flower gardens in the back yard (full, part-shade,
    and full shade in one spot). I also raise a small coop of chickens.

What type of plants do you have for trade? Sansevieria - Jade Pagoda, Bearded Iris – Purple,
    St. John's Wort (rooted divisions), Rose of Sharon Hibiscus (Hibiscus syriacus)
    cuttings – “Double Lavender”, Brown Turkey Fig cuttings, Sedum, "Autumn
    Rose", Sage cuttings

What types of plants are you looking to add to you gardens? Any hostas, Airplant “Catput Medusa”, hardneck
    garlic (named varieties), asparagus (any), lamb’s ear, dusty miller, tuberose,
    sedums and succulents (any), thornless blackberry, wild leeks/ramps, etc…

Do you grow from seed? Yes.

Do you grow vegetables as well as flowering plants? Yes.

Is there a particular type plant you are looking for? (see
    #3)

Is there a particular type of plant that you do not care to receive? Not
    really.

Are you into houseplants? Yes, very much!

Outside of gardening, do you collect anything special? Picture
    frames, art supplies, anything mid-century modern…

Do you like garden junk/decor? Yes!

children/grandchildren? at home? Married with one 13-month-old daughter, a
    5-year-old step-daughter, and a 10-year-old step-son.

Any pets? A dingo-dog, a fluffy cat, a
    corn snake, and chickens.

Aside from gardening, share a little bit about your hobbies. Art/Illustration,
    interior design/space planning, hiking, camping, cooking…

Types of books/mags you enjoy? Children’s books, fantasy,
    anything by Maurice Sendak, Edward Gorey, and Lemony Snicket…

What colors are your kitchen? Light grey
    walls, white cabinets, and pops of bright citrusy colors.

What is your favorite scent(s)? Lemon, basil, fresh cut grass, campfires,
    rosemary, tomato stems, the smell of earth after a rainstorm, crisp fall
    leaves, tuberose…

Do you enjoy receiving food? Coffee, Tea? Any restrictions? I
    love herbal teas, strong coffee, and dark chocolate.

What size gloves do you wear? Small

Finally, share with us a little bit about yourself... I live
    in Nashville, Tennessee (Zone 7a) in an urban setting on a half-acre or so with
    my husband, 13-month-old daughter, 6 hens, a fluffy cat, and a dingo. Even
    though it's a small plot of land, we have a small orchard, raised bed vegetable
    gardens in the front yard, raised bed medicinal herb and tea gardens in the
    back yard, and a babbling brook in the back where we grow shade-loving plants
    and flowers. I grew up gardening with my grandparents in rural Michigan, and
    have definitely developed their passion for it!

• faerygardener z7 CA
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

1. Style. Blaring, glance at and turn into a pillar of salt sun. Firescaping. Drought tolerant.

2. Trade? Please Do not send plants, cuttings or your own dried herb or flower creations. From CA.gov "importation or smuggling into California of live plants and plant product..serious legal and financial consequences.." Don’t want to upset our ecosystem. Being a nerd, I called - seed ok.

3. To add? please see Wishlist

4. Grow from seed? Yes

5. Vegetables? Select few, just 4 4X8 raised beds lined with hardware cloth.

6. Looking for? See #3, I should have any seed that needs a pre-chill in time to plant by Dec 1st, we often get warm early.

7. Not receive? Water lover, poisonous, tropical (moving to “right plant, right place”).

8. Houseplants? No

9. Collect? No, anything and everything left out is claimed as a 'cat toy'. Used to collect Tarot cards, but have too many to be as familiar with as I'd like.

10. Junk/decor? No.

11. Family - Single, best auntie ever.

12. Pets? Cats, all rescue, all indoor (think bear, mountain lion, bobcat, fox, hawk, owl, rattlesnake - so many kitty predators!)

13. Hobbies. Jack of all trades, master of none ;-)

14. Books/mags Browse craft, sewing, cooking, gardening mags, no books please.

15. Kitchen? Black accents.

16. Scent? Allergic.

17. Receiving food? Generally no. Some packaged teas or a very few small wrapped chocolates (think Halloween size) ok. I don't have enough restraint for more.

18. Gloves? large

19. Steep acreage, work a small area, in progress. If you're my partner - please HINT openly - especially if I have cuttings you'd like (don't mind sending). For my Partners - Less is More! I'd much rather receive a very few items than feel I have a box with chotskies I can't keep and the thrift stores won't take (please please please no chotskies, NikNaks - dust collectors - I'm only joining swaps where it's possible to swap without these additions). See #9 CATS (so def nothing you'd be upset if I don't keep), I may put a card up for a few days, then toss it - can't become a hoarder of round robin stuff (already a hoarder of seeds!). When folks specify a simple swap - these items 1. 2. 3. I'll generally keep to it and not add many extras unless I have seeds or cuttings you want or you have specified somewhere that you like extras. If you want to know more, I blog on Wordpress. Thanks!!!

• Serena Morgan
    7 years ago

Please tell us a little about your gardening style, if you garden for sun, shade, water(pond), or other. My house has all of the above plus a creek and LOTS of deer all on 2 acres in the middle of town.

2. What type of plants do you have for trade? Lots of raspberries canes, lemon balm, butternut squash, orca beans

3. What types of plants are you looking to add to you gardens? I'm a vegetarian Any and all fruit and vegetables. I can, ferment, freeze, and dehydrate so that I can live on my garden food year round

5. Do you grow vegetables as well as flowering plants? Yes I like to inter-plant to keep my bees happy. I will be working on a bee and butterfly garden with my sons class that should be fun.

6. Is there a particular type plant you are looking for? Anything with a good story behind it.

7. Is there a particular type of plant that you do not care to receive? Cactus... anything pokey I have kids and lots of extras running around

8. Are you into houseplants? Sure

9. Outside of gardening, do you collect anything special? Anything from before the 50's lots of rust paint chipping handmade :)

10. Do you like garden junk/decor? birdhouses and gnomes

11. Tell us a little bit about your family - are you married, children/grandchildren? at home? I'm married with 2 children 17 and 7 the older one is already out of the house. He is a huge help with the big gardens during the summer though.

12. Any pets? A labradoodle named Hank. Snowball the neighborhood cat

13. Aside from gardening, share a little bit about your hobbies. I am active in our small town my husband and I both own business and I am on many committees. The big events I host every year are: May we have a clean up the town day with a BBQ, July a Farm to Table and November a Free Community Thanksgiving

14. Types of books/mags you enjoy? Any and all gardening, diy, mary jane, mother earth news, anything from baker creek....

15. What colors are your kitchen? red and yellow

16. What is your favorite scent(s)? pine spruce not sweet

17. Do you enjoy receiving food? Coffee, Tea? Any restrictions? Yes to all! Tea is my absolute favorite. My electric tea kettle is used all winter. Food the rule with food if i don't eat it asap its gone ;) the joy of living in a house of boys hehe

18. What size gloves do you wear? small

19. Finally, share with us a little bit about yourself...I'm new to houzz but love the idea of making friends all over the US trading extra seeds building fun boxes for people getting something treasure in the mail.