SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
redphoenix2k1

Plumbing for new Laundry Room

redphoenix2k1
8 years ago

Good afternoon folks.

We are in the middle of trying to figure out if we can relocate our garage laundry system to indoors. We have a formal living room that does not ever get used and this is a potential place for the laundry area.

I live in a concrete slab 1 story Florida house. There is no existing plumbing in this room and no where to tie into any drain. This room does back up to the outside of the house (if this helps at all). The septic tank is outside and the room that we are looking to put it in is maybe 15ft away from any piping with the septic.

This room is about 20ft from the existing plumbing for the laundry. I am wondering what people do for this? We have had our house replumbed, so I can easier tie into a water line to feed the laundry, but for the drain..? I think we have 3 options...

1) Bust up concrete, add drain, tie to existing septic (if laundry is not on outer wall

2) Put laundry by outer wall, having plumbing go on the outside of the wall and drain to septic

3) Sump pump / such as Zoeller 105-0001 Laundry Pump Package which claims it can pump 10-15 ft up so I can go up the wall and to the existing drain.

Does anyone have any insight on this?

Thanks!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Trish Takacs Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars36 Reviews
Award Winning & Highly Skilled Kitchen & Bath Designer in Columbus