SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cvw_ky

Deeper shower or wider space between wall and vanity?

cvw_ky
8 years ago

See the plans below for our master bath. I have a few questions...

1.) We are planning a walk-in shower where the entry will be on the short wall and the showerhead being on the long wall, and then a bench on the other short wall. We were originally thinking of a 42x60 shower area, but due to size constraints, we are considering 36x60. I would feel OK with this width if the showerhead were on the 36" wall, but since it will be on the 60" wall, I worry about having enough room to back up from the showerhead if needed. I could put the showerhead on the short wall opposite the entry, but that means we would have to find a different spot for the bench, which I'm not sure I will like. Any thoughts?

2.) Also, any thoughts on which wall would be best for the showerhead, the front or back wall? I would like to plan the shower without a door, and I can't decide which wall will lessen the splashing the best. It depends on if there is more splashing off the body back towards the showerhead wall, or if there is more splashing off the body and onto the back wall.

3.) Finally, if it were you, would you keep the shower at 42x60 and move the distance from the vanity to the wall to 42", or would you squeeze the shower down to 36x60 which allows us to have 48" between the vanity and back wall?

Comment