Clever way to store rubber bands
10 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (53)
Related Discussions
Got a clever idea??
Comments (24)This is the right time of year for this one-- ask any accounting firm for their bags of shredded tax returns. It makes great mulch. I have to put dirt or something heavy on it in our wind, but it also decomposes well in the composter. Businesses that don't pay a shredding company will have bags of shredded paper ready to go into the dumpster, free for the asking. Also...I found a baby jogger (like a golf push cart) at a garage sale and we modified it to hold tools and plants. It's very easy to push around the yard. I use the shoe pocket holder for gloves. When gloves are wet, I stick them on a stake in a flower pot near the door to dry. Looks like I'm giving a friendly wave from inside the flower pot. The best stakes are wire supports from a peony ring because they can reach clear up into the finger. I use plastic recipe or file card boxes to store my seed packets--keeps insects and mice out. Learned that one the hard way. Lastly, I use Excel spreadsheet to keep track of plants and wishes and wants. I can attach a photo to each name, and sort by name, price, beds, sellers, etc. I need methods to keep bermuda grass out of flower beds, like Margaret. cindi oh==my labradors are great at finding keys, shoes and gloves. They just expect to go along with me if they help, and I feel like a creep when I take the keys and leave them behind. My labs are so smart they check my work. I plant bulbs and they have to dig to see if I did indeed plant them right side up....See Moreeasy way to dry herbs
Comments (1)I've had things go crispy in the fridge as well. But depending upon the herb material, I like to dry the herbs laid flat on screens or in a food dehydrator. I use the dehydrator for the items that are larger or don't dry fast. But most all of the leafy items I just dry on screens. Basil does dry in a food dehydrator. Same with parsley. Yes, I know. The taste isn't the same in the dried material but it's how I preserve my herbs. FataMorgana...See MoreBall's new silver bands and lids
Comments (28)I dug out some old pint jars and old lids tonight that I've had around for 15 years or more, (the lids haven't been used, I found them in a box of stuff I had packed up years ago). I canned them up with some of the newer silver lids from a box of new jars. In my opinion, new JARS and LIDS are total carp compared to the older ones. Everything is "thinner" from the jar glass to the rubber on the gaskets to the lids themselves. Little by little, bit by bit they are shaving materials, to cut costs I imagine. We'll see how they do sealing. So far too soon to tell if there will be problems. I would imagine not a lot of problems or Ball would have to address them. I've long noticed the lids getting flimsier, but I don't think it's a color change issue since that is just plating....See MoreRemedial mixing bowl questions (storing & selecting)
Comments (13)I have my mother's set of Volrath stainless mixing bowls from the 50s and I LOVE them. They are similar to the Sur La Table set, but a slightly broader base and straight sides. The are lightweight and easily go in the dishwasher. I think you would be very happy with something similar. Another plus is they can be used in a saucepan for a double boiler and also can go in the oven as it is preheating to melt butter. I have lots (and lots) of bowls but the stainless are the ones I use the most....See More- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years agolast modified: 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
- 10 years ago
Related Stories

LAUNDRY ROOMSClever Ways to Hide a Laundry Station
When you don’t have a whole room to devote to the wash, use these solutions to tuck the machines out of view
Full Story

FIREPLACESDesign Workshop: Smart Ways to Store Wood Outdoors
Consider size, location, protection, air circulation and, of course, style for storing your firewood
Full Story
STORAGEHidden in Plain Sight: 10 Cleverly Closeted Home Spaces
Tuck your home office, wine collection or even your entire kitchen behind closed doors for all of the function and none of the clutter
Full Story
BUDGET DECORATING12 Ways to Get the Industrial Look for Less
Shop surplus, raid the hardware store and press black paint into service. Your budget will warm to these ideas for cool industrial style
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESGet Clever With Area Rugs for Warmth and Beauty
Give feet a soft landing, protect your floor, hide a stain ... with area rugs in your arsenal, you can win any flooring battle
Full Story
KITCHEN STORAGEPulling Power: Clever Drawer Tactics for a Kitchen
It’s not how many drawers you have in your kitchen; it’s how they work for you
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNPersonal Style: 50 Clever Real-Life Kitchen Design Details
Get ideas from savvy homeowners who have a knack for creating kitchens celebrating personal style
Full Story
COLORFUL HOMESMy Houzz: Colorful and Clever DIY Touches Fill an Alabama Farmhouse
Antiques, repurposed items and a whole lotta hard work give a family home cheery, personable style
Full Story
CONTEMPORARY HOMESHouzz Tour: Sonoma Home Maximizes Space With a Clever and Flexible Plan
A second house on a lot integrates with its downtown neighborhood and makes the most of its location and views
Full Story



Olychick