SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
suellen_delawares

Sewing question that is Way OT

suellen_delawares
16 years ago

What I am trying to sew/invent is a way to cover (mom goat) Christy's udder and teats. She is not weaning her little one, Wind, so we have to keep them apart or Wind drinks all our milk and gets fat. I would have posted this on the farm forum but I need people that sew.

This is what SOME ONE ELSE came up with. I think it needs changes.

"The red lines are some strong webbing, sewn all around the mesh fabric. The red circles are D-rings. Using flat rubber bungees for straps, because they are soft, flexible and will allow for breathing and movement.

An abundance of D-rings should allow the straps to be adjusted for a custom fit, using bungees of varying lengths."

{{!gwi}} {{!gwi}} {{!gwi}}

Bungees and D-rings do not sound comfortable. Those will have to go.

Just thinking (ouch) Could it be as simple as a loose fitting bag with a strap that goes around in front of the back legs, a strap from the back to the around the butt from there creating a thong to the bag? If the goat removes it then add straps along the top of the goat and under the goat to form a harness around the neck? Observation: That goat must have a big set of teats. My goats are not that big and don't hang that far forward. Maybe it doubles as a goat jock strap. I know IÂm loony. I have another baby goat not ChristyÂs. I want to be able to have all 3 out together.

Any suggestions on how to sew an udder cover or funny comments are appreciated.

Suellen

{{!gwi}}

Minnie and Wind. Christy is in the background.

Comments (13)