SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
publick_man

Modern or Contemporary Sconce for Porch/Stoop with motion sensor

I have found some very nice modern and contemporary sconces for outdoor use that look like they will go with my new entry door, but none of them have motion sensors, and the ones that have motion sensors are ugly or the wrong style. The one I have now has leaded glass and looks somewhat Victorian, which I hate - it is not the style of my house.

I have searched quite a bit for options and have not come up with anything that I like. I really do need for it to have a motion sensor, and so I will keep the one I have until I find something better. I do not want to have the light on all the time when we leave the house at night. Also, I turn it on when I go home for lunch so that it will turn on if I come home in the dark. For now, the motion sensor is more important than the style, but I would like to have both.

Is there a way to add a motion sensor to a sconce that does not have one? Perhaps I should ask that question on the Lighting Forum, but no one there seems to have much advice regarding styles.

I am also considering putting up a security camera so that I can see who is at the front door, since I now no longer have a clear window in the door. I am somewhat opposed to putting a peephole in the new door.

Comments (11)