SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
leekle2mane

Florida Cottage at DG

8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I went down to the Discovery Gardens today for a tree giveaway and took my camera with me to take pictures of their demonstration Cottage Garden (as I said I would in a recent post). Bear in mind as you scroll through the pictures that this is the beginning of January, the past couple of nights have been cold and this 'winter' has been quite warm, so some of these Winter Annuals might not be doing their best. There are 27 pictures total and I think I might have to do more than one (or two) posts to get them all in.

1. Entrance
  2. Entrance South. This bed has been over run by a Mother-of-Millions or related succulent. A good example of why not to grow these where they can escape.

3.Entrance North

1. Unknown tree to the South. Many plants in this garden used to be tagged, but over the years they have been swapped out and/or the tags faded by the sun. The gardens are currently redoing and updating many beds, these brick paths are new, but I don't think the Cottage Garden itself is due for a makeover anytime soon.
  2. North end.
  3. Center bed facing North. During winter this bed is bathed in light, but during summer the Crape Myrtle in the foreground would provide some shade relief.
  4. Center bed looking north.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Emily Rudolph Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
Hands-On & Collaborative Columbus Interior Designer