SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
matthew8911

Basement layout ideas and help

Matthew
8 years ago

I am finishing my basement and trying to decide what is the best way to lay it out with a low ceiling challenge. The main reason for finishing is to free up one of the bedrooms upstairs for one of our children to move in to where my office currently resides.

Need: Office, storage, play/family room.

I have drawn up the floor plan and the first idea. I have a large area with a low ceiling area. My plans are to build a wall under this area and make it into the Office/storage. The main area will be the family/play room. I would like to put a TV in down here and have it a place for adults to hang out too. I thought it would make good use of space by the stairs to put in some cabinets and a fridge for a bar area. With it being a long room there seems to be some wasted space between the stairs and family area. I don't if this is the best layout. Or should I make 3 rooms. Or should I rearrange the furniture some. I also had an idea of building that wall under the low ceiling back about a foot or so then doing built in bookcase on the wall.

Comments (3)